HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   02 LX EX header are they the same? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/02-lx-ex-header-they-same-10040/)

rally me 09-10-2005 11:30 AM

02 LX EX header are they the same?

hello Civic nation! this is an amazing website i must give you some props! i don't own a civic but my friend is interested in replacing his header (cracked). are the headers for the LX & EX the same? any sugestions on a particular brand? what about fitment? i like HKS that what's on my SUBIE, what your opinion on HKS? thanks in advance for any info. peace.

rally me 09-10-2005 11:47 AM

RE: 02 LX EX header are they the same?

civic nation its a 2000 LX... i bad

Chimera02EX 09-10-2005 01:38 PM

Most people are going to say DC Sports 4-2-1. But I'm pretty sure that they only make them for an EX, pretty sure they won't fit on the LX without some slight modification.

rally me 09-10-2005 01:45 PM

i was checking out ebay there is a Co. DC-s that sells headers for under twenty bucs. i know you get what you pay for but have you heard anything about this company? so what your telling me is that LX & EX headers are different. what mods would be required to perform this install. again it's a 2000 LX. buzz in Civic nation i am a neb:) thanks in advance. peace.

Chimera02EX 09-10-2005 03:24 PM

Definately save your money for some good headers. as for how it would have to be modified, dunno you'd have to get the headers first and find out.

AOL.COM 09-10-2005 05:31 PM

lx& dx are different ---what u want to do is use a complete ex system ---front to back--but you will have to splice longer wires to your rear o2 sensor--cause it sits farther back

rally me 09-10-2005 06:42 PM

hello, if were to purchase a true DC sport header would i have to modify the stock exhaust after the exhaust manifold/header, besides the 02 wire extension?? have you heard anything about the DC-s knock off headers on ebay?? thanks in advance:)

Street Sniper 09-10-2005 06:46 PM

What's the difference? I don't think they are different, of course I'm a 5th gen fool. You dont' have to splice the wires. They make connectors just for that purpose.

DC-s stands for DC "poo-poo". That header will end up costing you 70-80 anyway with the shipping, and with that you could just look around and get a good used one.

StifflersMom 09-10-2005 09:38 PM

Don't get DC-s...you wouldn't think it, but a bad quality header could cause lotsa trouble.

rally me 09-12-2005 06:43 AM

hello civic nation, after doing some research on this forum and reading your comments. i have decided to look for a quality exhaust manifold. DCsports list a header part #HHC5513. i am working on a 2000 LX. according to AOL.com i must purchase a compleate exhaust system from engine to tail pipe. it is my understanding then that fitment issuses will be AFTER the exhaust manifold where it connects to the stock pipe? if so could we not just take our civic to a muffler shop after we install and have our stock pipe cut and afix a new flange? PLEASE forgive me if have only asked this question a different way:( thanks in advance:)