Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

2006 Honda Civic Si (Performance part Help)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 04:07 AM
Default 2006 Honda Civic Si (Performance part Help)

Ok so here is the deal,

My brand new 06 Honda Si coupe is gonna be in Quebec in about 1 month, and I have about $1500 cnd to spend on performance parts. This will be my first car and I have no idea what to put on it such as muffler, exhaust, turbo... Since you guy's are experts I was hoping you could help me find parts under $1500 cnd that would lower my cars 0-60mph time keeping it still quite reliable.

Thanks for your help, looking forward to your replies.

Philippe

Old 05-20-2007, 07:16 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 2006 Honda Civic Si (Performance part Help)

turbo is gonna cost you way more than your budget allows so that's not an option you want to look at right now. nothing you add is going to significantly lower your 0-60 time, unless you boost. anyways, since your in the Intake, Header, Exhaust section of the forums right now, you might want to consider getting those. those upgrades are reliable, they increase throttle response, and they tend to make your car sound a little "better." the aftermarket support isn't that great for the 06, but i'm sure aem and dc will come out with intakes and headers for your car. for the exhaust, just pick any muffler you like and have a shop make a custom one for you. it'll be cheaper and it gives you a lot of options

Old 05-20-2007, 10:02 AM
HCF Member

There is quite a bit of aftermarket support, so dont worry about lack of parts(that was last year). As far as performance,this is what i would do, and the order i would buy.

1.) intake, there are a few, but i would go with Injen CAI(not sri)
cost is about 260$
2.) Exhaust. there are alot of exhausts, greddy has 3, there is also magna flow, tanabe, injen, dc, and a few more i can think of.
as far as quite goes, i recommend the greddy sp2 or tanabe. Those are the quietest. 500-600$ magna flow is like 477$
3) header. a race header will give you better gains over a reg. header, but the race header wont pass emissions. I recommed the SSR race header(better dyno#s over dc). Im not sure what non race header to recommend(i dont no much about them)
price is a but over 800 compared to DC wich is just under 400.
4.) Reflash. hondatas performance reflash. this adds about the same as a race header price right around 600.
If you dont want a race header just go with Intake Exhaust and Relfash. You can always get the header later. I feel the reflash is a good investment(unless your going FI in the future) higher redline, lower v tec engagement.

so intake 260, exhaust 550, reflash 600 = 1410
witht he 90$ left i would buy a short shifter = i think 69$.
so 1480 for those parts, thats with out a header.
If i were you id get that header at a later date. I think you gonna like reflash more than a header. get the header some other times
well thats my 2 cents. if you have any questions, feel free to send me a pm.
hope this helps

Old 05-20-2007, 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: my05civic

turbo is gonna cost you way more than your budget allows so that's not an option you want to look at right now. nothing you add is going to significantly lower your 0-60 time, unless you boost. anyways, since your in the Intake, Header, Exhaust section of the forums right now, you might want to consider getting those. those upgrades are reliable, they increase throttle response, and they tend to make your car sound a little "better." the aftermarket support isn't that great for the 06, but i'm sure aem and dc will come out with intakes and headers for your car. for the exhaust, just pick any muffler you like and have a shop make a custom one for you. it'll be cheaper and it gives you a lot of options
I'm not sure where you're getting your info. Aftermarket support is amazing for the new Civics, some amazing parts available. And the K's are a different breed of motor altogether... simple bolt-ons can see huge power gain, intake and headers especially. I have a friend with a K with IHE pushing 220 horses to the wheels on a pretty conservative tune.

Advice from me? Get a good IHE setup and a tune, and you oughta be real happen with the car for a long time.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:33 PM
HCF Member

i'm very familiar with the k series thank you. k20s into the 7th gen is becoming a very popular swap btw i could go on about the greatness and potential of the k20, but that's an entirely different story. also, i thought the TC had a non-si 06; the non-si 06 have considerably less parts available than the si.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:28 PM
HCF Member

^^^ yea, your kinda right. But there is actually a decent amount of parts out for the non-si, alot more than people think.

being an owner of one, ive been able to find many parts for my car.
test pipes, a few exhausts, intakes, a lot of tehesi suspension mods also work on the non si.