Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

8hp gain from secret weapon intake?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 12:39 AM
Default 8hp gain from secret weapon intake?

i found this from a site. i figure this 8 hp gain may be possible for the mods i have, headers and cat-back but im not sure. it says 8hp stock but that seems like a lot...see for urself

"Dyno tested the most powerfull intake system in the world this intake system pull a 8HP on the wheel on a 92-95 honda civic SOHC with no other mod.

The Secret Weapon Intake Systems is an result of countless hours of testing and tuning of air intake velocity, Airmass and Airspeed for each vehicle application. The Result, an intake system that performs better than any Cold Air Intake, but with a Short Ram. It is possible by Weapon*R's Patent Pending Speed Velocity theory, By creating a higher airspeed in the intake path you increase airmass and airspeed, which greatly increase horsepower.

This is possible by Creating two different paths of airflow, both flowing at different airspeeds, due to the tubing diameter in which the air is traveling. Now when the 2 different paths of air meet,they create a vacuum, which is where the airspeed starts to multiply, forcing more air into the engine at a higher rate, creating more horsepower.

The Secret Weapon Intake Systems are carefully CNC mendrel bent out of 6061 Aluminum, and then Hand Tig Welded in sections to ensure a constant balance in airflow, regulation in airspeed, positive seal and proper fittment. Each one of these intake systems are carefully tuned, by matching the engines displacement, air intake capacity and airspeed to the intake systems tube size,length and secondary pathway tubing diameters to maximize the full potential of the SECRET WEAPON INTAKE SYSTEM.

This Intake is Matched with our Newly designed SW1 Filter, which provides maximum airflow, with the protection of high quality dense Poly Urethane Foam. Many studies have shown Flow rates of up to 80% more Air and Better Dirt Filtration with Foam Filter than the conventional cotton filter. The SW1 main feature is an Computer CAD Designed and Flow benched Tested TURBO Velocity Stack, which greatly increases airflow ,airspeed and airmass into the engine, therefore increasing engine performance. Another one of the SW1 Filters great features are the capability to be dis-assembled to be cleaned and then re-assembled after cleanings or to change the color of the foam filtering element"

im starting to lean towards this because it has the same basic principle of the aem v2 and its a lot cheaper. v2: $280ish on non ebay sites $180ish on non ebay sites. also, i dont want a CAI cuz i dont want to have to buy a bypass valve and i dont want to run the risk of getting water in it.

thanks.

im sorry is this is a repost. just wana see what u guys think.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4748/8AC4C2C861144A7389AA4D0557163C91.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-09-2005, 11:06 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 8hp gain from secret weapon intake?

8HP at the wheels, now that seems a little high, thats like 13-16 crank horses

Old 10-09-2005, 01:05 PM
HCF Member

it prolly means 8 hp at the wheels

and its not the same concept as a V2. the V2 uses sound waves to increce airflow, and somehow they use the vibrations from a bigger pipe around the intake pipe to make the air flow faster.

Old 10-09-2005, 01:30 PM

you get what you pay for. id say get the v2. then you can brag to all your friends that you have it.

Old 10-09-2005, 05:11 PM
HCF Member

Personally I would go with the V2 or the previous version from AEM. I got Injen 'cause AEM doesn't make the V2 for the 2005 yet and I couldn't wait for them.

8hp seems a bit high. The company will boost their numbers to impress consumers. Stick with the original AEM 'cause right now I think there are the best. My opinion though.

Old 10-09-2005, 07:13 PM
HCF Member

I don't see why these claims can't be valid. If it were AEM making the claims, no one would be questioning it.

The Secret Weapon uses the same principles as the V2, and a velocity stack, and a free flowing, vortex-inducing foam filter.

8whp does seem a little high, but I have never dyno'ed one so I can't call BS. I will say this though, if I were in the market for an intake, I would be getting the Secret Weapon.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:24 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

^Exactly, plus they have such a pretty picture, how can it not add at least 8 hp

Old 10-10-2005, 08:57 AM
HCF Member

^^ lol. but id say itd prolly give you maybe 5 hp over stock.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:40 AM
HCF Member

The picture to me looks like the design of a working jet engine, and as for gaining 8hp at the wheels from a short ram, that sounds like bull.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:53 AM

AEM claims 9.8 hp on my SRI up top, so I guess they're BSing too...

http://www.aempower.com/pdf/dyno/22-...atic%20SRS.pdf

granted it's more like 4-5hp most of the way, but I'm just pointing out that it only takes a brief spike for them to claim X amount of peak gain

Quick Reply: 8hp gain from secret weapon intake?