HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   98 EX Exhaust Help (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/98-ex-exhaust-help-91020/)

joemazz 10-20-2011 07:42 AM

98 EX Exhaust Help

Well, my exhaust after years of neglect finally dropped. All that is salvageable is the cat. Had my local shop look at it and they want 900 dollars for the job, that's no good for me....so I think I want to do this myself. I am technical in nature and I have done some work on the car...my main thing is that I want to make sure I order all of the right parts.

Maybe someone nice here can give me a listing of what exactly I need here, i am replacing everything from the manifold backwards excluding the cat. Maybe even a link to a vendor that can supply everything.

I am also on a tight budget so I'm not looking for high end gear.

cvcrcr99 10-20-2011 07:50 AM

How much are you looking to spend?

I would just go and buy an aftermarket header (~$100), and an aftermarket cat back exhaust. I would look into the Yonaka kits. It is a cheaper option which is comparable to the Apexi WS2 exhaust which many people find to be good.

joemazz 10-20-2011 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99 (Post 766976)
How much are you looking to spend?

I would just go and buy an aftermarket header (~$100), and an aftermarket cat back exhaust. I would look into the Yonaka kits. It is a cheaper option which is comparable to the Apexi WS2 exhaust which many people find to be good.

I dunno, 4-500 in parts sounds about right?

I just dont know the best places online to find these parts, im not an active exhaust buyer...

I also have no welder, what are my options with that?

joemazz 10-20-2011 08:32 AM

So this would work well?

Yonaka 92-00 Civic 2DR/4DR Catback Exhaust

Anyone link me to a decent header?

Kevin2050 10-20-2011 08:42 AM

I think what cvcrcr99 said is absolutely right.

cvcrcr99 10-20-2011 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by joemazz (Post 766978)
So this would work well?

Yonaka 92-00 Civic 2DR/4DR Catback Exhaust

Anyone link me to a decent header?

That is the kit I am referring to. However, there are much cheaper prices out there.

Go to clubcivic.com. The store on that site is running a special on that kit for $250 I think.

Before you look into buying it, go to youtube and listen to the exhaust and see/hear if you like the sound.

Here is a header that should be suitable:

1988-2000 CIVIC 4-2-1 D15/D16 RACING EXHAUST HEADER+CAT | eBay

Just don't use the "cat/test pipe".

Do you have your heart set on aftermarket, or would OEM stuff be fine, too? I am sure you can get a Bosal OEM replacement cat back system for like $150. Not sure if they sell a header though.

joemazz 10-20-2011 12:28 PM

Thanks for your help.

However, through a friend I found another local garage that is going to fix my exhaust for 450 bucks. So, I'm going that route.

Im just about to tick 200K...looking forward to it in a quiet car for a change. lol.