HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   ? about header sound. (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/about-header-sound-17045/)

Big T 02-14-2006 08:25 PM

? about header sound.

I heard from alot of people that their car sounded great until the put a header on. Then it sounded so called "rice". Is that just because they have a cheap header. I'm prolly gettin a DC sports 4-2-1 ceramic. How do you think that will sound with my SRI and catback. My catback has its silencer in and is really quite.

jhsplaya08 02-14-2006 08:51 PM

RE: ? about header sound.

no it should make a deeper tone. probably a little louder but not much. looks like a good setup to me!

civicexracer 02-14-2006 09:55 PM

do u have 2 cats? cuz my friend took out one cat that was on the stock header and when he put on the new header that had no cat, it was a bit louder. if theres no cat on the stock header, then it should just get more deep tone and maybe a lil bit louder.

clutchshiftgun 02-15-2006 07:31 PM

go with the dc RACING header which is diff. from the SPORTS header. the racing header eliminates the cat, and connects directly to your cat-back. it will sound deep as hell...very nice tho. i have one myself, without a muffler tho, doesnt exactly sound "rice." sounds kinda cool...

dj_ipirate 02-16-2006 10:05 AM

puting an aftermarket header will give you a higher pitch and muuuuuuuch louder... now you can defeat this without putting on a restrictive cat.

there called rezinators you can get a universal one on ebay for $40 after shipping (in most cases) this will give you a better flow than a cat and deepen the tone greatly.

it will turn your car from rice to nice!:D

TorGa3iGhT 02-16-2006 02:05 PM

i have the Dc-Sports 4-2-1 headers ceramic. Sounds fine to me. But that's also in conjunction with AEM CAI, and Greddy Cat-back exhaust.

I would suggest if you want a deeper tone to buy name-brand parts. Try to avoid any no-name brands on ebay for the resonator and exhaust. usually those are the ones that change your sound to a more "tin-can" sound.

dj_ipirate 02-16-2006 02:07 PM

greddy systems have good rez's on them.

Chimera02EX 02-16-2006 05:29 PM

Until I put my hi-flo cat on, the exhaust sounds real loud after putting the header on, DC Sports headers come with a test pipe, which is why the sound gets louder. but it put a real nice tone to the exhaust after I put them on.

Big T 02-16-2006 09:11 PM

So, If I keep my stock cat on for now and not add the test pipe, it won't be as loud?

jwsimons 02-16-2006 11:01 PM

im confused by this question myself, in my 88 hatch i had a catback installed, 2.25 pipe and a matrix muffler, it just sounded nice and deep. i then removed the catback and reinstalled on my 91 si and it sounded like "an angry be in a can", i then had a rez installed, same sound, then a 4-2-1 hdr, same sound.. damn bee would not leave...