HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Aem problems help (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/aem-problems-help-27547/)

02civcoupe 08-19-2006 07:35 PM

Aem problems help

Ok I just bought a sri from aem I hooked it up on my 2002 civic dx coupe. went on good and every thing but I haev a problem. it has only happend twice but I am worried when I hit the gas it makes a huge crack sound it has only happened twice tho in 2 days I have no clue wha tit is it was a pretty big bang the first time tho I pulled over looked it over and nothing I need help big time. and will the engine need to be tuned because of the intake ppl are teling me I will have to take it to a tuen shop but there isnt one for miles around here I am more concerened about the noise tho. thanx

mill$civic 08-19-2006 08:00 PM

RE: Aem problems help

well..you dont need to bring it to a tune shop, the only thing I can thing of is that its loose..try shaking it around a little and see if its hitting anything, is it hitting to top of your hood sometimes??...theres no reason a intake should make a bang noise

pWnEdU 08-19-2006 08:38 PM

Yeah, it might be wacking something when the engine torques around. Pull it out and check for marks on it like where it's been contacting another engine part.

My CAI was wacking the fender, so I had to move it around.

02civcoupe 08-19-2006 08:45 PM

ok thanx I will take a look and lets ya's know I hope that is the only problem. yeah they were saying it might lean out the engien too much and burn the tops of my pistons. I will look tomorrow and post tomorrow night thanx. oh adn when I hit the gas the first tiem and it was real loud I was just cruising in 3rd gear donig liek 45kph and then dropped the pedal that was the first time second was first gear

02civcoupe 08-20-2006 04:43 PM

Ok I found one thing I forgot. I forgot to tighten the hose clamp on the vavle cover breather but I dont think that was my problem I can't tell if it is hitting my hood or no tbut its a real close fit I know

Pete 08-20-2006 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: pWnEdU

Yeah, it might be wacking something when the engine torques around.

[sm=icon_rofl.gif] our motors dont have torque.

civicexracer 08-20-2006 06:55 PM

lol pete...maybe its not the intake at all? maybe something got loose or w/e when putting the new intake in there or just something completely different..

t34me 08-20-2006 11:39 PM

I cant believe they told you to get it tuned??!! You might be flowing air better, but its not like the volume took a huge leap. Your ECU will compensate, dont waste you money on a tune.

OpTiCaL 08-21-2006 12:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Pete

ORIGINAL: pWnEdU

Yeah, it might be wacking something when the engine torques around.

[sm=icon_rofl.gif] our motors dont have torque.

Ummm, ours have more torque than previous D series engines! Torque is our only advantage other than lookin damn cool!

02civcoupe 08-21-2006 01:11 PM

ok thanx yeah I figured the ecu would set it self they said only the v-tec engine wil do tha tkinda of ecu work. I can't get my car tuned if I wanted to I live in saint john new brunswick ther eis no where to get to tuned for like miles I mean miles prob 4 hour drive