HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   AEM question (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/aem-question-35906/)

Saylorman 01-12-2007 12:20 AM

AEM question

So AEM has their CAI, and their V2. I have also seen (in one of the stickies) that there is a V2 CAI. What is the difference between these 3? Is the V2 CAI a special type of CAI or is their "regular" CAI a V2.

I am curious because according to their website the V2 is said to outperform even their own CAI.

Thanks alot
[align=left] [/align]

ej6buddy 01-12-2007 12:32 AM

RE: AEM question

the v2 is usually a short ram intake that uses two different sized diameter piping and tunes the intake by acoustics to increase the air intake, plus the pipe is very large compared to the AEM CAI's

FlipHKD720 01-12-2007 07:49 AM

yea the V2 is ina class of its own, theres really no other intake like it. The AEM CAI has similar intakes, but it is still really good. And yea the V2 usually looks like a short ram, so maybe there is a different V2 CAI. Just google it man, you'll prolly find some more info.

mxs 01-12-2007 08:17 AM

^^ you're both wrong..... [&:]

saylorman, what year/trim is your car? the design of the V2 intake varies for different civics

ej6buddy 01-12-2007 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: mxs

^^ you're both wrong..... [&:]

saylorman, what year/trim is your car? the design of the V2 intake varies for different civics
no i'm not wrong, if you saw my post

the v2 isUSUALLY a short ram intake
not to be mean, but i don't like it when people tell me i'm wrong when i'm clearly not

mxs 01-12-2007 02:27 PM

define "usually" -- if you are "usually" looking at a 7th gen civic then I guess you are right

MTK 01-12-2007 02:38 PM

I have a V2 intake and it looks a lot like a CAI...When I installed it, I had to take the front bumper off to completely install it...

Just look at my pictures if you want to see how one looks like...

ej6buddy 01-12-2007 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: mxs

define "usually" -- if you are "usually" looking at a 7th gen civic then I guess you are right
USUALLY, as in from generation to generation and depending on the trim, that's what it means

mxs 01-12-2007 03:15 PM

my point was that they design them differently for different cars. it's not like you have a choice when you buy it. some cars use a longer intake, some use a short one. I wouldn't say they are "usually" anything because I am not familiar with every single application, and I'm sure this guy is only worried about his own car

ic892003 01-12-2007 03:59 PM

dont mean to change the subject but why do u have 2 take the bumper off to completely install the cai ???