Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

AEM V2 Vs BMC (CBA) Induction

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Default AEM V2 Vs BMC (CBA) Induction

trying to decide on whether my civic 04 1.6 vtech hatch deserves a:

AEM V2 cold air intake kit (with K&N head filter), or a BMC Carbon dynamic air box forced induction kit....

any help would be appreciated. looking for good acceleration and horsepower gains but hard choice.

Also any thoughts on a Scorpion cat back exhaust?

thanks.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: AEM V2 Vs BMC (CBA) Induction

i love my v2 so my vote for that

Old 04-29-2007, 10:40 PM
HCF Member

+1

Old 05-02-2007, 10:27 PM

aem v2 for me too!

Old 05-03-2007, 02:10 PM

Advantages of the CDA(carbon dynamic air box)
1.The engine sucks in real cold air
2.The engine is less noizy than any other aftermarket "cold intake filter"
3.If the cda tube is placed correctly(making a hole in the bumper and placing it there)you get "ram air" at high speeds which means that air is pressurized at some point into the box/filter giving better throttle responce and possibly a few more hp
4.it looks nicer and more like a well tuned car rather than cheap ebay stuff..

Disadvantages..
1.the filter inside the cda is to be cleaned more ofter (causebesides pressurizes air you getmoredust..)than a normal one
2.costs more to buy a genuin carbon air box

i dont know why some people put aluminum/metalic tubes beetween the throttle body and the filter of their engine..the only thing that tube can do is absorve heat (there is no cold air there..) from the engine bay.the same is for the filter situated in the engine bay...you guys call that "cold air intake"?

Old 05-03-2007, 03:49 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: panagiotis19

i dont know why some people put aluminum/metalic tubes beetween the throttle body and the filter of their engine..the only thing that tube can do is absorve heat (there is no cold air there..) from the engine bay.the same is for the filter situated in the engine bay...you guys call that "cold air intake"?
i used to use what" us guys call a cold air intake" and i could drive as long as i had gas in the tank, turn off the car, pop the hood and grab that "metalic tube we put between the throttle body and filter" and it was never hot. go figure. something must have been keeping it cool

Old 05-03-2007, 03:59 PM
HCF Member

my guess...haha...is the extra flow of COOL air flowing through the intake. engine heating is not a substantial factor unless you want to go the other direction and put an ice box around the cold air intake to cool it down even more. this is, clearly, overkill unless this car is your track bytch. in which case you should be looking at turbo or supercharging.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: heymikey19

ORIGINAL: panagiotis19

i used to use what" us guys call a cold air intake" and i could drive as long as i had gas in the tank, turn off the car, pop the hood and grab that "metalic tube we put between the throttle body and filter" and it was never hot. go figure. something must have been keeping it cool
that's because youre engine is not producing so much heat as a tunned high compression one..you go revin high at low speeds and then see if you feel "cold" when you touch that tube..anyways what i say does stand at least theoraticaly, and in some cases depends on the motor/car.i've seen engine bays so hot you cant touch the hood.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:22 PM

and check some dynos and see what adds more power for youre self, the cda (the largest box/filter availiable) was tested in a type-R known for it's already efficient stock air intake and it actually add more hp compaired to it's value, than other much more expensive filters. if i were to buy a good filter for a n/a motor,close to the factory quality i would invest in a cda