HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   alright who wants to help me install AEM SRI (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/alright-who-wants-help-me-install-aem-sri-10468/)

Auto98EX 09-20-2005 03:03 PM

alright who wants to help me install AEM SRI

I looked at the instructions for an APC SRI not long ago and it was about twelve steps, with color photos, and looked very simple. AEM's instructions, on the other hand, are three pages long with one whole illustration, and it's not even of anything relevant. I'll post some pics in a little while.

Nail I3unny 09-20-2005 03:29 PM

RE: alright who wants to help me install AEM SRI

its pretty straightforeward. take out the stock box and install the pipe.

Auto98EX 09-20-2005 03:37 PM

...drain a gallon of coolant from the cooling system...

...disconnect the water bypass hose from the throttle body or the fast idle thermo valve, where equipped, located at the lower portion of the throttle body...

...some applications retain the O.E. PCV breather pipe. If the O.E. PCV pipe lines up with a hole then install the 3/8" I.D. grommet into the hole, etc. etc.

Sorry maybe this is straightforward to you, but I'm a n00b and I expected pictures with directions like "move this thing, put this here" like the ones for the generic brand I saw locally. I expected a high quality company like AEM would have something similarly easy and boy was I wrong.

Clean98EX 09-20-2005 03:54 PM

There is no need to drain coolant or anything. Just start at the TB and rip the S**t out. It is straight foward. Jack up the right side on jack stands, take the wheel off and the fender lining. It's all right there. the AEM intakes all have the valve cover breather hose. Just pull it out and shove it in the new intake.

mxs 09-20-2005 06:39 PM

give us pics of your engine bay / throttle body area

did you get any replacement hoses with your intake?

amg6975 09-20-2005 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Clean98EX

Jack up the right side on jack stands, take the wheel off and the fender lining. It's all right there.
Most people say to do this, but I believe it's MUCH easier to just take the bumper cover off (four screws, two bolts and a couple clips.)

mxs 09-20-2005 06:57 PM

^^^ true. but if it's just a SRI, do you really even need to do that? I would think not

Auto98EX 09-20-2005 08:08 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I'm a post whore so I'm gonna start a new thread for my pics [:@];)

Forty04 09-21-2005 10:04 AM

ORIGINAL: mxs

^^^ true. but if it's just a SRI, do you really even need to do that? I would think not
exactly;)

I didnt even remove the bumper cover to do my CAI, i just jacked up the passenger front and then turned the tire

xeno 09-21-2005 10:37 AM

if its a true sri all you got to do is take out the resognator box and stock air box and put the new pipe in, it shouldn't go far enough to have to take the bumper off or anything like that. its right on top