Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

anyone regret getting air intake>?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 08:10 AM
HCF Member
Default anyone regret getting air intake>?

anyone regret getting air intake? Im thinking about an injen / aem short ram
how big of a difference is the acceleration compared to factory stock?
And more importantly with normal driving (30mph or less)is there too much noise?
Will i have more acceleration noise when I step on the gas harder?
If so is it too loud?

Old 07-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Administrator
Default RE: anyone regret getting air intake>?

sounds like you have a lot of research to do man, search around here...all the answers have already been talked about a triilion times

Old 07-10-2007, 08:53 AM
June 2010 ROTM

I regret initiallt buying a SRI (short ram intake) instead of just getting a CAI (cold air intake) right away. But since I got the CAI, no, no regrets.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:36 AM
HCF Member

i kinda regret getting an intake because it's becoming more and more of a "ricer" mod to do.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

please just help me out!! i dont know what to search for!
and why did u regret getting a ram??

Old 07-10-2007, 07:05 PM
HCF Member

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/search.asp

Type in "intake", and you'll find loads of info, or just read the stickies at the top of the Header, Intake and Exhaust section, thast all you need to know. You'll find answers to most basic questions such as this have alreayd been gone over a time or two

and no, i dont regret geting a new intake, sounds nice, throttle is snappier, and maybe some slgiht gains. I regret not getting a nice AEM filter ASAP, and maybe going SRI instaed of CAI, but w/e, turbo soon

Old 07-10-2007, 07:46 PM
HCF Member

THE REASON WHY SOME PEOPLE REGRET GETTING A SRI IS BECAUSE IF THEY HAD GOTTEN A CAI, WHICH IS LIKE $75ISH MORE, THEY IN THEORY HAVE JUST PURCHASED A CAI AND A SRI, BECAUSE IF THEY WANT A SRI ON A PARTICULAR DAY, THEY CAN JUST REMOVE THE BOTTOME PORTION OF THE INTAKE AND JUST USE THE TOP PART, MAKING IT A SRI.

NOW YOU
MIGHT BE ASKING WHY THE HELL MY LETTERS ARE SO JACKED UP IN ALL CAPS, AND TO ANSWER THAT, I'M GONNA HAVE TO SAY THAT I WAS TOO LAZY TO UNDO MY CAPLOCKS, AND I DECIDED TO LET MY RANDOM UNDERLINE/BOLD/ITALICS SPASM GO OUT OF CONTROL, JUST AS YOU WERE TOO LAZY TO SEARCH.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:05 PM
HCF Member

HAHAHAHA[sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 07-21-2007, 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: my05civic

THE REASON WHY SOME PEOPLE REGRET GETTING A SRI IS BECAUSE IF THEY HAD GOTTEN A CAI, WHICH IS LIKE $75ISH MORE, THEY IN THEORY HAVE JUST PURCHASED A CAI AND A SRI, BECAUSE IF THEY WANT A SRI ON A PARTICULAR DAY, THEY CAN JUST REMOVE THE BOTTOME PORTION OF THE INTAKE AND JUST USE THE TOP PART, MAKING IT A SRI.

NOW YOU
MIGHT BE ASKING WHY THE HELL MY LETTERS ARE SO JACKED UP IN ALL CAPS, AND TO ANSWER THAT, I'M GONNA HAVE TO SAY THAT I WAS TOO LAZY TO UNDO MY CAPLOCKS, AND I DECIDED TO LET MY RANDOM UNDERLINE/BOLD/ITALICS SPASM GO OUT OF CONTROL, JUST AS YOU WERE TOO LAZY TO SEARCH.
LOL!!

Old 07-21-2007, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: burgernuds

anyone regret getting air intake? Im thinking about an injen / aem short ram
how big of a difference is the acceleration compared to factory stock?
And more importantly with normal driving (30mph or less)is there too much noise?
Will i have more acceleration noise when I step on the gas harder?
If so is it too loud?
Instead of randomly getting pissed off and telling you to search like my05, I'm just going to say that I do not regret getting my cold air intake. I love listening to the vtec changeover, but aside from that there is not really much of any improvement on acceleration. There isn't a whole hell of a lot of noise if you're just cruising, but if you're winding it out to redline it's going to be louder than stock, obviously.

I don't think it's too loud, but I've had people comment on hearing me get on it up to a 1/4 mile away.

Quick Reply: anyone regret getting air intake>?