Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

APC Intimidator

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Default APC Intimidator

Hi! Anyone tried this APC Intimidator Air-Intake? Just looking for something a little better than the stock air box and this came across. The price isn't too bad either!

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...e=1344&ptset=A

Old 05-05-2006, 06:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: APC Intimidator

its asking for a zip code on that link..anyways, APC is a okkkk company, it will deffenitly take away the restriction of the stock air box..you could go with somthing like AEM or Injen but your getting into a couple hunded dollers, if you dont want to spend that much go with the APC, you wont be dissipointed

Old 05-05-2006, 07:47 PM

APC is prolly just a notch above ebay intakes and they are pretty cheap. tho if ur looking to turn ur car into a show car or something along the liines of that, then APC might not be ur best choice, ppl tend to put down APC products alot..

Old 05-05-2006, 08:36 PM
HCF Member

^ to me i think that they should name it ARC not APC...

ARC= American Rice Compony... well other their Strut tower bars, aparently they are ok, other than that APC<eBay

Old 05-05-2006, 09:15 PM
HCF Member

i have the apc intimidator and it works just fine i've had no problems!

Old 05-05-2006, 09:22 PM

Thanks for the replies!

This car is no where near a show car, just something to kick around town in and take on trips. This is my g/f's car and she also has an Xterra. It needs a little work like brakes and a tuneup, but other than that, it's a great car. We recently just installed a new muffler. It had the hole before the muffler and was embarrasing to drive.

I probably will do this intake, so I'll let you know how it goes!

Thanks again!

Old 05-05-2006, 09:30 PM

ORIGINAL: travman82

i have the apc intimidator and it works just fine i've had no problems!
Thanks travman82, did you have any problems with the install or driveability? Has you CEL come on? How does it drive compared to stock? Thanks for you help!

Old 05-05-2006, 10:34 PM

i figure install should be no problem since it kinda is a brand name product. intake installs are a breeze, really straight forward and dont forget to reset the ECU when ur done installing(take negitive off battery for about 30mins). it'll be a lot less restrictive than stock so it'll be better over all and prolly sound better.

Old 05-06-2006, 01:12 PM

hey exracer, why do you have to reset the eu after installing? what would happen if you dont? and also... arnt most short rams pretty much the same no matter what brand you get??

Old 05-06-2006, 02:21 PM

u should reset the ecu so the computer can adjust to the better airflow that u will be recieving. alot of intakes differ, some ebay ones have troubles with fitment and may not get the best airflow. also depends on how sharp of a bend in the intake pipe there is, theres a certain degree which u lose or gain 1hp i believe but i cant remember it. brand names such as aem and injen test continuously to make sure their products fit everytime and that it has the best air flow possible. there are also different diameter piping which can result in a lil more power....so no not all intakes are the same.

Quick Reply: APC Intimidator