Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Apexi n1 exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Default Apexi n1 exhaust?

Sup everybody,
i am leaning towards the apexi n1 exhaust for me 2000 civic ex, wondering what everyone thought of that choice, or hit me up with some other ideas.....peace

Old 06-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Default RE: Apexi n1 exhaust?

i have one on my 99 i like the sound of it nice and deep i have it on a b16a but i have to say alot of people including myself like my skunk2 cat back better on my del sol that has a b18 on it.. they say that the n1 has a raspy sound were the skunk 2 is deeper sounding. so i would say both are good but i would lean more to the skunk2 but it all depends on the sound u like

Old 06-04-2006, 03:35 PM
HCF Member

its too loud for me. id rather go with the apexi ws2

Old 06-04-2006, 11:32 PM

good exhaust, but loud.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:51 PM
HCF Member

I used to have the apexi n1 exhaust on my 2000 civic coupe and I have mixed emotions about it. It has a good deep tone for the most part, but can get a little loud sometimes, but it does come with a silencer. The noise level did not give me that much of a problem though, I like be heard, lol. However the exhaust did hang pretty low, I have a 1.75 in drop and I scraped the resonator on practically everything, speed bumps, driveways, small children and animals, you name it, lol. It also fits very close to my gas tank and vibrates against it when the car was at an idle. Oh, and the tip of the exhaust would rest against the back bumper so it was starting to melt away my bumper too. So in the end I got fed up with it and just had the n1 muffler welded up to my stock exhaust system. In the future when I do my turbo set up I will have a custom made exhaust system that still utilizes my n1 muffler because I still like the sound and look of it. This is just my experience with the apexi n1 system though, but because off all the problems I have had with it I would recommend something else, the greddy evo2 always gets good reviews, and my best friend has it on his 97 civic and loves it.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:48 PM
HCF Member

a silencer virtually defeats the perpouse of a catback.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:26 AM
HCF Member

if the silencer defeats the purpose then why would the company send one with the exhaust?...idk not trying to be smart just a question. i have the ws2 and it still has a nice sound to it. if i had no silencer i knnow it would be louder but i like the sound.....idk just my taste.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:07 AM

they send one w/ the exhaust so you can choose if you want it quieter.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:46 AM
HCF Member

just go with the Greddy EvoII....

Old 06-06-2006, 05:51 PM
HCF Member

ok who knows the straw demonstration? get a coffee straw and a huge mcdonalds straw. blow through the coffee straw and then through the mcdonalds straw. mcdonalds one is easier isnt it? now blow through the mcdonalds straw again, but pinch the very end so its the one part is as small as the coffee straw. harder to blow now isnt it? thats because if one part of your exhaust is restrictive, the whole exhaust is going to be restrictive. the pinching the very end represents the silencer. even though you have the bigger 'straw' its still hard to blow because one part is restrictive. its not AS restrictive as the coffee straw...but still could be better.

get it?

Quick Reply: Apexi n1 exhaust?