Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Axle-back/exhaust help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Default Axle-back/exhaust help needed!

I tried searching but this specific problem never came up or the links were broken...

I've got sort of a custom exhaust on my 94 ex 2 door...it's a crappy hi-flow cat to RSR midsection piping back to an unknown Skunk2 muffler. I got a killer deal on it, and it's pretty cut up. It was originally for an EG, then cut in various places to fit a Del-sol with a b18 swap, then cut and welded extender pieces to fit my EG again. Basically, it's pretty tore up but all the welds are quality and there are no leaks or anything. My problem is...

It's too loud for me. I've had it for a couple months and would love something quieter for everyday driving. I drive A LOT.

I'm thinking that the exhaust is pretty old. It was pretty beat up when I got it (scratches all along bottom from the Del-sol, apparently it was lowered quite a bit) and full of black carbon build up in the muffler tip. Would simply changing out the muffler to something quieter than the Skunk2 yield better results?

If so...I'd love to geta twin loop. Searched for Netami's and EXMAG mufflers on ebay but currently there are none. Can anybody help me out and link me to some for sale either on any websites or ebay or anything? If not twin loop, I've heard good things about Magnaflow mufflers but I have no idea what kind I would need or what size diameter or anything.

Can someone help me out and link me to some mufflers that could quiet it down a little bit? I love the exhaust sound but my setup is wayy too loud for me now. Thanks!

Old 12-09-2007, 09:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Axle-back/exhaust help needed!

yes switching the muffler will quiet it down a lot. A twin loop would sound sick for sure, but a name brand such as Skunk2 or Greddy would sound good as well. If i was you i'd just go custom from the cat/header back and if you dont have a cat already, get a Magnaflow or Randomstech welded in there somewhere.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:19 PM

I've got a cat but it's an old hi-flow one and I think it needs replacing anyway so I'll probably get that later on when I have more money, but I'm really looking for a quieter axleback/muffler for now. Anyone know anywhere I could pick up an RSR or netami? I tried searchin ebay but they don't seem to have any as of right now, is there any online stores that would have them in stock?

Old 12-12-2007, 06:10 PM

Would a Universal Twin Loop like these work out well or are they crappy ebay no name brand quality like I've been hearing about? Should I try one of these out or not even bother?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TWIN-...QQcmdZViewItem

What about this OBX one..is this one quality or do they all suck?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-T...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 12-17-2007, 10:09 PM

Can anybody vouch for those mufflers up there? I might be looking into a magnaflow muffler now...but I can't seem to find what size I should be getting or where to even find them. My RSR midpipe is 60mm I think, so somewhere between 2.25 and 2.5 inch opening? PLEASE HELP ME I'M RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!