HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   best budget build? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/best-budget-build-28575/)

streetsleeper 09-07-2006 09:10 AM

best budget build?

i have a 1998 LX sedan. so far i have a AEM SRI and i got a buddy with a '98 dx who is willing to give me his dc sport headers will they fit my car? also what other cheap parts can i get and still get a quick NA car? i know i have to address air, fuel, and spark to get power. I have got the air and for spark i was thinking MSD cap,rotor, and wires and iriduim plugs what do you all think? and for fuel mabey and aem fuel rail? about what would it cost to get a quick SLEEPER (very important) civic. I have built imports before but never a civic is there is any better parts for the civic brandwise?on the 1998 LX what is the motor code is it a D,B,Z or what?I know what VTEC is but how helpful is it and is it worth the money for a conversion?what would it cost?

Fiasco 09-07-2006 09:26 AM

RE: best budget build?

the lx and dx have the same motor, parts should be interchangable. Get an exhuast system and dont mess with fuel rails its not neccessary at this point. The MSD stuff will help, but dont expect your world to be moved. Good luck.

StifflersMom 09-07-2006 10:48 AM

Dude, research...YOU DO NOT NEED a fuel rail...your stock one is fine. If you research you'll know that you hava a 316y7 engine. The best bang for the buck would be a Y8 head swap and than turbo...that is if you want a fast sleeper.

fglaustin 09-07-2006 11:07 AM

vtec is not worth it

finalimpact 09-07-2006 11:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Roto

. If you research you'll know that you hava a 316y7 engine.
where can i get one of those? my search skills suck and i cant seem to find one[8D] my suggestion would be to swap it if you intend on staying n/a. d-series suck for daily drivin n/a power. been there, done that, im boosted once again. if you have no intentions of swapping look into a nice nitrous kit. blah blah blah nitrous is still a n/a route since the engine is still sucking the nitrous in instead of it being forced in. but if none of these tickeles your fancy, pm7 pistons, delta 272 regrind, arp headstuds, and a good tune will make for a fune daily car. dont forget to convert to obd1 since obd2 sucks major monkey nuts.-

StifflersMom 09-07-2006 01:15 PM

D16Y7 you, final, you!!!

riceburner700 09-07-2006 09:12 PM

motor swap

koots 08-27-2007 10:02 AM

I like the D16Y7, i may be the only one though. It's a fun engine for a daily driver thats both economical and reliable. It won't make astronomical gains from bolt ons, but a more involved setup will yeild a nice advantage. Just run every future prospective mod by the forum to see if it is worthy of your money.