Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Best Exhaust Set Up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Default Best Exhaust Set Up!

Alrighty, I still got the stock 95 civic sitting at the front of the house wondering what magical dream ride it could be, so i was thinking of throwing on an exhaust system! Fair enough I've been told many things but it's all confusing me. Please could anyone tell me the best setup for overall performace and sound for a 95 Civic 1.6L SOHC. I've heard a lot of things about "back pressure" so I dont want to mess around with that and some people I know have been talking about "Cat-Back" systems. If anyone has any ideas please, please, please let me know. Cheers

Old 01-05-2007, 10:58 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Best Exhaust Set Up!

DC Sports ceramic coated header, Magnaflow highflow cat, RS*R Ex-Mag catback FTW!!!...though alot of people will recomend Greddy, or Magnaflow catback exhaust... all in all it is up to you.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:59 PM
HCF Member

i you want a nice "cat-back" exhaust system, then usually go for a pipe diameter increase of about .25 and maybe .5 inches if you plan to heavily mod, just search around a bit and look for brands, sounds, prices that fit your fancy. before starting to mod your car, do a lot of research on the car before you start doing things and risk messing something up or doing something you'll regret.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:24 PM

Hows the price and set-up on this one? Magnaflow looks like the way to go.
1.6L 1-4, Sedan/Coupe ,
6x6x14" Muffler, 2.25" Tubing, Rear Exit, 4" Tip straight/p-SS tip

I was also told it was pointless putting a cold air intake on the civic since the stock is decent enough.

http://shop.ivalueinternet.com/bigex...ct_id/1285.htm

Old 01-05-2007, 11:28 PM
HCF Member

i dont know if you care or not, but magnaflow exhausts can have either a slash cut or straight cut tip - you're site doesn't specify which one your exhaust is

here's a crude drawing of each

slash cut tip straight cut
------ ------
//////////// |
///////////// |
---------- ------

Old 01-05-2007, 11:33 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: my05civic

i dont know if you care or not, but magnaflow exhausts can have either a slash cut or straight cut tip - you're site doesn't specify which one your exhaust is

here's a crude drawing of each

slash cut tip straight cut
------ ------
//////////// |
///////////// |
---------- ------

What's the difference? If any

Old 01-05-2007, 11:38 PM

Is this a better site?

Whats the difference with the tips? What should I be looking for to get peak performance?

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...all&id=219

Old 01-05-2007, 11:40 PM
HCF Member

just looks

a note about performance: on civics, sound is usually more important than performance. the gains between a $200 exhaust and a $600 exhaust are neglectible. civics just don't produce that much power in general, thus a exhaust won't unlease a lot of power

Old 01-05-2007, 11:47 PM
HCF Member

A custom setup will do ya fine. Just get a universal muffler, 2.25 piping from cat back and get a big *** resonator, it will sound good. My magnaflow sounded real good when I had my D series turbo engine, but with the GSR engine, its real ricey....Im goin to get a huge resonator welded in and it should be good again. Good luck!

Old 01-06-2007, 12:41 AM

Ahh you guys are the best! Nice fast answer backs! I'm happy to be a member of HCF! You guys are so good I'm trippin ***** right about now cheers!

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust Set Up!