Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Calling Magnaflow experts!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 09:31 PM
HCF Member
Default Calling Magnaflow experts!

Ok, I got my magnaflow on toady and it sounds GREAT! It pulls harder now too. That thing was a royal pain in the *** to put on. I eventually busted out a grinder and just cut the exhaust off. I also had to take the stock cat an re-bore holes. Now, here are my two problems that need answers quick.

1. the exhaust hangs really low! Where the resonator is has two hooks for hangers. The car only had one to offer! It hangs way low and scratches the ground when I hit a bump, what is going on?[:@] Do I need to make a custom braket? When I was under the car I already saw it was low and tried pushing it up but was very difficult.

2. the U clamp isnt really worth a damn, the exhaust is leaking a little, bad design! What can I do to stop this? Is there some sort of wrap I can utilize? Or should I get another clamp?

HELP ole remmy!

P.S. I couldnt get DIY pics, the camera died on me after a couple : (. My car wasnt a very applicable for DIY anyway.

Sound clips in the works too!

Old 10-23-2005, 09:47 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Calling Magnaflow experts!

I'm no expert but I'd try your custom bracket idea to try and bring it up as much as you can. I don't see why there'd be a problem if you car isn't lowered though, it shouldn't be bottoming out. Double check the placement of the pipe routing...? maybe one pipe section is backwards and there's a better fit with it the other way with more area for the res. Possibly exclude the resonator if you can to avoid the extra size, I have no res on mine and it's not really that loud at all although I have a different muffler. If you get it all set right maybe bring it to a shop to have them weld the joins to fix all possible leak areas. I got a shop that does pipe bending to do it so it's all welded 21/4" stainless from the cat back, no joins, no bolts, no leaks.

Old 10-23-2005, 10:00 PM
HCF Member

I wont be able to take the resonator out. It will make the exhaust too short to work right. Nothing is backwards or anything like that or I wouldnt be able to get it up in there. I might just have to take it to a shop to weld the center a little bit.

Old 10-24-2005, 08:36 AM
HCF Member

Ive tried to get the pics I took up here but the card reader is being a biotch.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:33 PM
HCF Member

Problem solved, Mission Speed and Magnaflow helped me out [sm=bounceybounce.gif]. Turns out a muffler shop will fix me up for under $30! Yes!

Old 10-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

Good to hear. About the leaking, my Megan did that at first too. Overtime time the (i'm having a total brain fart) the things that go inside where the pipes connect. Those eventually got set, and i tighted the bolts once in a while and the leak went away.

Old 10-24-2005, 04:25 PM

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga
Problem solved, Mission Speed and Magnaflow helped me out [sm=bounceybounce.gif].
Are you gonna let the rest of us in on it in case we ever run into the same problem?

Old 10-24-2005, 05:45 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Good to hear. About the leaking, my Megan did that at first too. Overtime time the (i'm having a total brain fart) the things that go inside where the pipes connect. Those eventually got set, and i tighted the bolts once in a while and the leak went away.
Gaskets??

Old 10-24-2005, 06:31 PM

mine had 2 hooks also, because its used w/ the ex also i would guess, impact that clamp and you should be fine, DON'T take the resonator out, it will sound like ****, mine fit like butter so i can't really troubleshoot to much, also do not weld anything or you can kiss the lifetime warranty goodbye, lemme know if i can be more help

Old 10-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: mxs

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Gaskets??
THANK YOU!

Quick Reply: Calling Magnaflow experts!