HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Cat-Back Exhaust Question(s) (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/cat-back-exhaust-question-s-8691/)

althius 08-10-2005 05:07 PM

Cat-Back Exhaust Question(s)

These are the exhaust questions that my friend was NOT able to answer.

I see Greddy and Magnaflow seem to be the favorites, but the tail pipe seems so damn big to me. Are they all like that? Is it style, or does it have to do with the whole 'velocity' thing so that ALL Civic pipes need to be about that size.

Are there any other major brands that would also be worth looking at?

Will it look goofy to have an exhaust that big coming out the stock rear bumper? Should I get an aftermarket bumper that has the 'cut out' for the larger pipe? If so, are there any recomendations?

Thanks in advance.

j_fukin_t 08-10-2005 05:24 PM

RE: Cat-Back Exhaust Question(s)

style mainly, and magnaflow isn't as big as it seems

Chimera02EX 08-10-2005 06:19 PM

Its seems most people on this forum like Greddy, myself I'm DC Sports man. and no it doesnt look goofy IMO.

Nail I3unny 08-10-2005 10:06 PM

theyre really not that big...i mean im not that big of a guy (skinny) and i cant fit my fist through them.

a few ppl on the forum have DC sports exhausts, Megan Racing also makes a great catback (i think thats what Forty04 has).

oh yeah...i like how you used your 'little friend' :P:D not many people seem to

althius 08-10-2005 10:43 PM

I listened to some sound clips, Magna on their site and Greddy in a thread here. All things were surely not equal in the recording process, but I think I like the sound of the Greddy more. Seems like its a little less aggressive. I looked for DC, but couldn't find any information on their website. Do they make 'em for a 95? Will look into Megan Racing.

Best price I've found so far for Greddy Evo2 is $453 pre shipping, but I am continuing to look.

FD_Sauce 08-11-2005 05:18 AM

If your going for the ricer thing then go ahead and find the biggest and loudest pipe you can find. If your' going for performance then the whole idea about getting a bigger pipe is to releave backbpressure especially if you've got a turbo but then again you would want a larger down pipe for that too.

Forty04 08-11-2005 08:32 AM

Seriously man, look into the Megan Racing. Like I3unny said, i have it and i love it. It has a nice low tone, no rattly sound. Oh yeah, and i paid $307 for mine shipped to the door.

althius 08-11-2005 10:51 AM

Sounds pretty good to me (no pun intended). And No, I am definitely NOT going for a Ricer. Quite the opposite, thank you. So aesthetically, I'd love something small and quiet. But performance is the number one concern, so if its gotta be large, then so be it.

I doubt I'll ever go turbo (not to start into another whole argument).... After doing much reading here I believe my eventual goal down the road (a ways) is for a supercharger. Are there similar exhaust issues with SC?

Is this:

Megan Racing

What we are talking about? How does the sound compare to the Evo2? Does anyone have a clip?

Ray012874 08-11-2005 03:15 PM

I was looking into the Greddy EvoII but it's a bit out of my price range. The cheapest you will probably find is $500. Be careful with "Greddy Style" System for less than $200 as offered on Ebay. I also looked into the megan racing catback and it hovers around $300. However, I called the company and asked a couple of questions. Specifically what was the different between a Megan Racing Catback System and a Custom Catback System?

I was told that performance wise, there's not much of a difference however you with megan racing catback system, you don't have to worry about rust and and heat transfer. Just make sure pipes are 2 inches accross and 2.5 inches universal muffler. Appearance is better with Megan Racing when seen underneath.

Thought I'd share.

Forty04 08-11-2005 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: althius

Sounds pretty good to me (no pun intended). And No, I am definitely NOT going for a Ricer. Quite the opposite, thank you. So aesthetically, I'd love something small and quiet. But performance is the number one concern, so if its gotta be large, then so be it.

I doubt I'll ever go turbo (not to start into another whole argument).... After doing much reading here I believe my eventual goal down the road (a ways) is for a supercharger. Are there similar exhaust issues with SC?

Is this:

Megan Racing

What we are talking about? How does the sound compare to the Evo2? Does anyone have a clip?
I know theres a clip around here somewhere of the evo, and if you want to hear my Megan, Click Here. Its not the best sound quality, but it should give you some idea.