Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Which Cat Converter SOO ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Default Which Cat Converter SOO ???

So i just got the Megan Header for my 1994 honda civic dx, but i do respect my enviorment and the laws, especially with how ****s been going lately haha but, i need to buy a cat converter and i want a magna flow hi but i am so confused there are soo many to choose from with air w/o air 53000 like 91000, heavy, dual i am like WAT??? so does anyone hav any ideas... has anyone had this problem or am i just an idiot... and umm this is were my noobness comes in.... installation.... do we hav a DIY, and i want to get the greddy evo 2 cat back exahust so how would that work...!?!?!

Thanks Nate

Old 01-24-2008, 06:58 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Which Cat Converter SOO ???

get a random-tech hi-flow cat, or a magnaflow hi-flow cat, and have an exhaust shop put it on for you. also, because you're a teen and you're probably not making money, don't get a greddy evo2. that's on the expensive end. get a megan racing exhaust or a magnaflow exhaust. better yet, just buy a magnaflow muffler and have that welded on. it'll cost you like $120 muffler and labor. by the way, before you go modding your car, think far ahead: do you plan to keep the car a long time? is it worth putting money into the car? are you ricing it out to look cool for kids at school? do you want real performance? nothing worse than planning out poorly.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:10 PM

Well the thing is i have ALOT of money left over cuz i bought a 1994 honda civic dx for 1750 and i had 3500 to start off with. I am planning on making it an autocross and taking it to the strip for fun every once in a while. I am a sophmore and this car will prob stick with me through the rest of my highschool years, yeah i stayed back wen i transfered schools thats why i am 16 and a sophmore... but im pretty sure ill hav this for a while and im def not ricin it out, no body kuts maybe a lip kit, and some 16's but thats it for ricing.

My parts List/ Ideas

Megan Header
Greddy Evo 2 cat back
AEM V2 SRI
Magna Flow Cat
Skunk Intake Manifold

But thats it for now and,lol i wish i was making it look cool for kids at school but im on football scholorship to my school its all RICH (sry i am not racist my moms white dads black) white boys with loaded parents who get BMW's for 16th birthdays, i work at a resteraunt busboying half these kids will never ****in lift a plate. But yeah thats my idea for now if you want pics of the car its sort of embarissing but ill put em up! But if anyone has ANY IDEAS at all shoot em at me i am interested for anything because i am young and dont wana do anything wrong! Thanks!

Old 01-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Snail'n Admin

ok, the GReddy EVO2 catback is win (its what i have) You can get your IM ported for less that what a new one costs, and itll do the same thing. If you have almost 2k left...skip the header, sri, IM and boost your car...You dont really need the cat until you have mroe hp. But yea dude, research on boostin the car

Old 01-24-2008, 07:24 PM

someone told me if im not gona go big with a turbo, which i am prob not right now i should go greddy like all the way, but if i have a concern i go 5-8 psi besides the turbo kit what will i need to purchase and how much does it cost to install, ill need gauges will my, a boost controller, also will my motor handle it, and finally do i need anything else or any other tips....

Old 01-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Snail'n Admin

holy hell. Reading this and being drunk....bad news bears..But i dont think anyone could read that. o hell...this is gonna take a while to edit too....side note11:34 begin) Ok...do a compression check on your engine...rent from autozone. If theyre within 10% youre the bees knees. You can buy a kit..but that gets expensive, or you can piece one together and have nice parts for less usually. It should cost around 400$ for someone to do put it in, but they arent all that hard with common sense. Youll need gauges, but HT is a good friend for used ones but good ones. You can buy a manual boost controller for prety cheap. and youre engine is fine on probably 8-9 psi with a good tune. (end at 11:47)

Old 01-24-2008, 07:50 PM

nice lol thank you