HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   DIY how to remove 05 civic vp air intake (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/diy-how-remove-05-civic-vp-air-intake-10776/)

2005h4 09-28-2005 12:34 PM

DIY how to remove 05 civic vp air intake

I did search and also read DIY but couldn't find the info. Can you guys help me?
thanks.

Forty04 09-28-2005 12:44 PM

RE: DIY how to remove 05 civic vp air intake

Welcome aboard!

The 7th gen guru (se7ensectoolate) should be by to help soon. But, it should be fairly straight forward. Try posting a picture of your engine bay, that will give me a better idea.

dj_ipirate 09-28-2005 12:56 PM

good bye warrenty. dude dont be so hasty

2005h4 09-28-2005 01:03 PM

I've been reading some of the basic mods, and ... I want to intall CAI. But, first I need to know how to remove stock air box (?). Some said, 01-05 LX,Dx are all same 1.7L engine...

Adding CAI will avoid warranty?

dj_ipirate 09-28-2005 01:47 PM

whell first u have to locate it. if you look directly to the left there is a tubing to the left. follow that and use common sence. dont start wrenching until you have a plan for it. look it over. also turn on the engine. have your friend rev it. you can see and hear where its sucks in air.

dj_ipirate 09-28-2005 01:54 PM

ok i sell cars for a living....

adding any kind of performance parts that effect the way the car runs will void warrenty. this is a big mistake that most people make when buying a new car.... leave it alone. cause even if work needs to be done that is unrelated to the car. it will still be voided. this is how alot of big companies save there money whe dealing with customers that dont read fine print. wate for 60,000 miles. it sucks but i think thats what hondas new warrenty goes till.

(i sell used honda and acura so i know a thing or two about them)

Forty04 09-28-2005 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: dj_ipirate

ok i sell cars for a living....

adding any kind of performance parts that effect the way the car runs will void warrenty. this is a big mistake that most people make when buying a new car.... leave it alone. cause even if work needs to be done that is unrelated to the car. it will still be voided. this is how alot of big companies save there money whe dealing with customers that dont read fine print. wate for 60,000 miles. it sucks but i think thats what hondas new warrenty goes till.

(i sell used honda and acura so i know a thing or two about them)
False...

You have to be able to prove that his modification caused whatever problem is affecting the car. If it cannot be traced directly to the aftermarket part as the cause of the problem, than the warranty still stands

dj_ipirate 09-28-2005 03:06 PM

true but all dealers will try to find anything to get out of warrenty work. that is a fact. there is proof all over the net. people getting f'ed cause they put in something aftermarket. mind you its only mechanical radios speakers and bodywork is not affected by warrenty

Forty04 09-28-2005 03:24 PM

true but all dealers will try to find anything to get out of warrenty work. that is a fact. there is proof all over the net. people getting f'ed cause they put in something aftermarket. mind you its only mechanical radios speakers and bodywork is not affected by warrenty
oh thats for sure, they will definitely try and snake you. You just gotta be firm with auto dealers/salesmen/mechanics. Make sure they know damn well that THEY WORK FOR YOU, not the other way around.

Ray012874 09-28-2005 03:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

oh thats for sure, they will definitely try and snake you. You just gotta be firm with auto dealers/salesmen/mechanics. Make sure they know damn well that THEY WORK FOR YOU, not the other way around.
I guess my dealer was pretty much good to me so far. A sensor for the airbag lit up and I took it to find out why. He told me someone probably moved the seat or disconneted something. I told he was wrong and he fixed it for me. I asked him about warranty and he said that the item that was installed has to be the cause of the fault, otherwise they will fix it.