Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

DIY how to remove 05 civic vp air intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Default RE: DIY how to remove 05 civic vp air intake

... let's not talk about the warranty. If I need to go to a dealer, I will change back to stock. But for now.....

I need to how to remove the rubber (like sleeve on each mounting under the bolt) thing that holding the air box. I unscrew all the bolts and trying to pull but it won't budge.

Old 09-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: 2005h4

... let's not talk about the warranty. If I need to go to a dealer, I will change back to stock. But for now.....

I need to how to remove the rubber (like sleeve on each mounting under the bolt) thing that holding the air box. I unscrew all the bolts and trying to pull but it won't budge.
sorry for the thread jack man, we got off on a tangent there...

... I honestly don't know, as i've never had my hood under the hood of a seventh gen. Well, i have but didnt pay much attention to the way the air box was mounted lol Is there any kind of clip or anything on it? Or is it just a rubber connector of some sort? If it is the ladder, i'd say a little more elbow grease and it should come out. DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS, i dont have experience.

Old 09-28-2005, 04:00 PM
HCF Member

I didn't have trouble taking out the airbox. I removed all the bolts, removed all hoses by releasing the clamps. Gave it a nudge and it came out. You have to make sure you removed all the bolts. I thought I did but there was one below/side of the airbox.

Old 09-28-2005, 04:13 PM

I will try that. Thank you very much guys...

Old 09-28-2005, 04:37 PM

no prob man. good luck.... next time try to get a pic. we can edit in paint and help you a little better

Old 10-01-2005, 12:03 PM

*I'm digging this up from memory, so bear with me* Crap, I'm sorry. I didn't notice this for some reason. The airbox on a 7th gen is much different than any other stock Honda intake system, that I've ever seen. Mainly, the system is comprised of a short tube, a resonator and the filter box itself. These three parts do not come off together, they all come off the car separately. I'll start on the passenger side of the car. There is a short tube on that side. It is held down by 2 bolts and a clip that holds the positive battery cable in place. Remove all three of these and pull the rubber tube off the next part, the resonator. The resonator is held down by 4 bolts. Two of these bolts are very easy to spot. They are on the very rear and very forward most parts of the resignator. One bolt is to the left and down very deep into the engine bay, you will need a socket extension. The last bolt is underneath the bolt that was near the back of the engine bay. Again, you will need an extension. Once the 4 bolts are removed, you can pull the resonator out of the filter box, and lay it aside. The filter box is held on by two bolts that are near the front of the box. There is also a hose clamp underneath the filter box, on the throttle body. Also, there is the MAF sensor on the side of the filter box. You should be able to just pull it out. Last, but not least, remove the clamp from the hose that connects the air box to the valve cover and pull the filter box out. I hope this helps a little bit. If you get a good intake (Injen, AEM) you will get very good instructions with it on how to remove the stock parts. Another thing, when you're taking out the stock parts, some parts require finese to get out. Others require alot of force. Just be careful with what you use force on. I might write up a good DIY on this, as I've got this question a number of times. Let me know if you have any problems. Good luck.