Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Dual exhaust

Old 05-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Default Dual exhaust

hey guys, i have a 95 honda civic dx. Im wondering would ut be possible to have a dual exhaust put on there. Ive been looking at cat bacs...im going to get a body kit soon, and some of the ones have the space for 2 exhaust pipes on the rear bumper. I dont want to get one if that spot is going to be empty, it will look funny.

Thanks.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:45 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Dual exhaust

yes, it's possible, but chances are you're going to regret it, i say get a hidden exhaust if any with the body kit

Old 05-31-2007, 11:12 PM
HCF Member

you have a couple choices to make here. you could either 1) have the exhaust shop set up the exhaust to be a dual exhaust, but have one side be sealed off, so in actuality, it is not connected to the exhaust fumes; essentially, one side of the exhaust will be fake and will be simply welded on to the side of the main piping. 2) get a different body kit that is made for a single exhaust 3) don't get the body kit, or dual exhausts. (i recommend this one). for civics, generally speaking, they look like sheit if there's dual exhausts coming out from the back. civics just don't make enough power to merit dual exhausts... at least not your typical one.

with duals, your exhaust will sound sheitty and also, you'll lose a lot of power. read around to learn why - i don't feel like explaining right now lol

Old 06-01-2007, 03:56 AM
HCF Member

Yea, most people on here will agree that dual exhausts on a civic rarely works well.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:26 AM
Administrator

Phalcon: Yea, most people on here will agree that dual exhausts on a civic doesnt work well.

fixed for ya

Old 06-01-2007, 05:46 AM
Super Cereal Admin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRGQfm_zcnU

hmm... that's funny. It doesn't "sound sheitty" to me. Remember, people...tone doesn't depend on the tubing nearly as much as it does the muffler(s). Getgood mufflers, and a dual exhaust willsound decent. Anyway, it is possible (I used to have a body kit and duals). It really doesn't lose you that much power or torque (It's not noticeable at all), but only as long as you have pretty small tubing (2" or smaller) for the dual section. Just think it through before you get duals... it cost me $140 just to have the mufflers hung and tubing bent/run and $160 for the mufflers. Just make sure you really want dual exhaust before you get it.

Also, I've noticed that most of the people that talk crap on dual exhaust systems have never had duals on a civic.. they assume. It's called ignorance, people.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:22 AM
HCF Member

1.5L or 1.6L with duals?! does that make any sense? you'll loose horsepower, and should okay i guess with good brand name mufflers. but why?! it'll sound like you have 4little hamsters in the engine, so why make it 2 on each side?! makes a little bit of sense on my part, i read over it. they the body kit thing, you can always add on to that second slit, so you don't have an empty slot. i agree with my05civic, and be happy he was relativley nice with his response to you. he's rarely ever nice in responses

Old 06-01-2007, 09:27 AM
HCF Member

if you do the one fake pipe, if you live somewhere where it gets cold, it'll look really odd with exhaust only coming out one side there was a giant discussion about duals somewhere here on HCF, it's locked now htouhg. Somebody should dig that thing up for Anthony

Old 06-01-2007, 01:25 PM
HCF Member

Body Kit = Rice
Dual Exhaust = Ricer
Body Kit + Dual Exhaust = Ricest
Ricest = FTMFL

Old 06-01-2007, 04:32 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 4doorcivic9

Body Kit = Rice