Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Ebay header opinion

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Default Ebay header opinion

Hey, I have a friend with a 2000 SIR Civic. He is thinking about modding it so he asked me for advice. What do you guys think about the quality of ebay headers? Do any of you have personal experience with them? If so...post your opinions on what to buy/what not to buy. What kind of gains can come from this mod? When I put an exhaust on my car it made about 40 rwhp more but thats with a Supra...its been a while since I owned a Civic.

Here is a few links similar to what Im looking at.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/OBX-4-1-Racing-He...QQcmdZViewItem

I like the look of this.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Honda-Civic-96-00...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SPOON-JDM-T304-4-...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks

Old 11-10-2006, 01:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Ebay header opinion

this is absolutely hilarious. you bash people for being ricers and you're no different: you look to ebay no-names and other cheap stuff.

When I put an exhaust on my car it made about 40 rwhp more but thats with a Supra...its been a while since I owned a Civic.
no exhaust can give a car 40rwhp. period. if this is what you think truly, i pity you.

OBX sucks. that spoon header is a fake - its really a no-name w/ the logo welded on (spoon stuff is $$$); the exhaust package isn't from a reputable seller - he's lying all over the place in his description and there's no close pics to show the brands, and the exhaust, in your words, is a fart can

Old 11-10-2006, 01:29 PM
HCF Member

40 rwhp on an exhaust?! It must have an authentic sticker on it! He said he is looking for his friend, though so you cant bash him for knocking civics... he never said anything against them!

Dont get ebay engine parts... some people have good luck with it but you're trying to go cheap with the most important pieces in your whole car. It isnt worth the moneys you saved.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:30 PM
HCF Member

Okay nevermind my last comment... I read his first post about fart cans... my bad.

Old 11-10-2006, 02:13 PM

hey guys. Im sorry that you think my opinions on fart cans are wrong. Please prove me wrong. I live in a student ghetto while at university and EVERYONE has a stupid exhaust on their car while the car itself is rusting to pieces. THeir cars arent any faster so whats the point? All they do is drive around and **** everyone off. This is my reasoning for hating them.

When I asked this question, I am looking for a cheap option for my friend. I would never buy cheap things like that for my car but he is looking for cost effectiveness. I think that on his car (an SIR) a full exhaust would help a bit with power so I told him to start there. The car right now is completely stock. Is there anything else he should look at before exhaust/intake? I doubt it but then again...I dont drive a Honda so Im asking you.

And about my exhaust...yes...it does make that big of a difference. A little background is needed. I drive a 1988 Toyota Supra turbo. From the factory they are 230 hp and 245 tq at the flywheel. The mods I have are an HKS intake, 3 inch Divorced downpipe, high flow cat, and 3 inch mandrel cat back. Then I have the boost set a 10 lbs (stock is 7). I recently had my car dyno tuned in Toronto....here is the graph.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

EDIT: apparently this site doesnt do pics like all other forums...how do I change it to make it work?

thanks again

Old 11-10-2006, 02:37 PM
HCF Member

Instead of IMG type [IMG][/IMG] and it will pop up

Old 11-10-2006, 02:40 PM

Thanks for the help.

Old 11-10-2006, 02:45 PM
HCF Member

But do you have a dyno of before your exhaust.. .no doubt your supra is fast... but 40 from exhaust, i have never heard of that much power..

Old 11-10-2006, 02:55 PM

turboed cars can gain alot of power when going from stock to aftermarket exhausts. 40rwhp, i dunno, but it is alot for turbos. as for the stuff u posted, tell ur friend or whoever to not get them. look at good name brand stuff, it'll last alot longer, fit better, and perform/sound much better. some brands to check out: magnaflow, megan racing, greddy, tanabe, and so many more...if ur looking around on ebay, make sure it dosnt say "style" or anything like that cuz its fake.

Old 11-10-2006, 02:57 PM

I dont have one from before...but I really wish I did. I have seen probably 10 stock dyno sheets from compareable cars and they range from 180 (these cars have problems) to mid 210 at the wheels. Also, the common thinking about boost pressure on 7MGTE's with CT-26 turbo's is that 1psi = 10 hp. So even if my car was in the upper section of that spread when stock...say 210 hp, thats 70 hp more at the wheels for a few lbs of boost and an exhaust. The intake barely counts because I still have factory intercooler and piping so I have quite a bit of pressure drop. The stock exhaust is very restrictive on Mk3 Supra's...especially the downpipe. Ive heard of 20 hp gains from just that alone.

If interested...here is a video of the car on the dyno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUrHT9OfFGw

Quick Reply: Ebay header opinion