Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Ebay headers and CAI help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 09:24 AM
HCF Member
Default Ebay headers and CAI help!

Hey guys. I'm new to the whole civic tuning thing. I'm just starting to learn. I was an idiot and bought some ebay headers and cai before i even subscribed to this forum. I have stock exhaust except for a lovely muffler tip. I heard that i cant install my ebay headers into my stock exhaust, but i wanted to ask here, where people know for a fact. I dont want to make and further mods to my car, as how now im saving up for a manual ex. Should i put the stuff in? Your help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:46 AM
HCF Member

I know the Ebay CAI will be fine as long as you change out the Filter with either K&N or AEM or whatever you want, just don't use what comes with it. I'm not 100%, and I know one of the guys will correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as you have a D series motor, and the headers are for a D series you should be fine. I really don't know about the quality they are though compared a name brand. How soon do you plan on buying the EX ?

Old 09-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Snail'n Admin

The problem with your car is the location of the cat which runs perpendicular to the car. Its right by the block where as on an EX, the cat is under the car under the center console area. You can install an ebay header with a stock exhaust (not sure what youre going to do about your cat situation but yes, a stock exhaust and header can usually go together

Old 09-01-2008, 11:41 AM
HCF Member

Well i just started college, so im planning to keep this car for maybe 2 or 3 more years. Its young. only 143k on the engine and body.

As far as the headers, will i notice any difference in performance or sound since i have the stock exhaust?

and what will change if i take out the cat? (which is prolly illegal)

Old 09-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Recognized HCF Member

what he said... fitment might suck when bolting it together but it should fit if you can tweek it alittle..... but most likely you will have a CEL light due to the cat being deleted.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:52 PM
HCF Member

I'm not sure on your gains from a Dc Sport vs Ebay knock off though. I wouldn't expect it to be as good, and do the world a favor you'll barely gain anything from taking the cat off all you'd be doing is spewing more crap in the air.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Snail'n Admin

just a thought, and I wouldnt see why this couldnt work, but could you swap in a full EX exhaust, that way the cat would still be there

Old 09-01-2008, 01:42 PM
HCF Member

hmmm. yeah i dont really want to remove the cat. i heard it doesnt change the sound or andything, just pollutes more.

how much would it cost me to put in the full ex exhaust and would it change the sound or performance any?

Old 09-01-2008, 01:52 PM
HCF Member

I'm pretty sure taking out the cat will make it louder/raspier so I wouldnt (not a good loud, the annoying kind). I'm not sure how much headers would change the tone as I dont have any; I have a DX and havent felt like putting up the money for an entire EX conversion. But definitely even just an intake will give the car a more aggressive sound at open throttle

Old 09-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Snail'n Admin

a cat removal doesnt really change the tone too much. It will flow better. My tuner said the removal of a stock cat (this is for my boosted Y8) has given a car 10 more whp on a dyno. Go to a junk yard to see if they have an EX exhaust

Quick Reply: Ebay headers and CAI help!