Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust for a 2001 Civic LX?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:37 AM
HCF Member
Default Exhaust for a 2001 Civic LX?

I havn't found much.. But those N1 exhausts for LX's on Ebay, and those don't seem that good. I'd maybe get headers off ebay, since they're fairly cheap. I mean, SOME parts on ebay are good, like headlights/taillights, but when it comes to some performance stuff, eBay doesn't seem the greatest.

But, does anyone know of some good exhausts for a LX? I can't really find much, and if I do, I find ones with a 4" exhaust, and not a 2.25" or 2.5" one, so if anyone could help me out, i'd appreciate it .

Also, are those performance chips worth anything? Like, are they worth getting, or any good? I heard if you have one, then put turbo or something in, it could mess it up, because the chip conflicts with something..? That and I don't hear much ruckus about people wanting chips :P.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:11 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Exhaust for a 2001 Civic LX?

For performance parts on ebay, only buy brand names, other parts are craps.

As for the chip, if you are talking about ebay chips, forget about it.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:14 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: foress_89

For performance parts on ebay, only buy brand names, other parts are craps.

As for the chip, if you are talking about ebay chips, forget about it.
Yeah.. I couldn't find much on ebay, for GOOD parts.. I found some nice exhausts on autosportcity, but thier 600 bucks.. I found a GReedy one, and a SP2 one for my LX. Still, $600 for a exhaust? It better be good :P. I wonder what size they are, it doesn't say, sadly.. But it shouldn't be too big, i'd assume. It IS GReedy, we're talking about.

Haha, :P. But, why? I need a good reason, though i'm sure they're crap, but.. I still wanna hear others opinion .

Old 10-17-2007, 09:27 PM
HCF Member

id recommend magnaflow FTW. i have an 02 dx coupe and im goin with a magnaflow catback this winter. has 2.25 inch piping and has a rich deep tone

Old 10-18-2007, 06:48 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jason_hann53

id recommend magnaflow FTW. i have an 02 dx coupe and im goin with a magnaflow catback this winter. has 2.25 inch piping and has a rich deep tone
Ahhh.. Cool. I'll have to check that out. I need a 2.25 inch one. I didn't know if the GReedy SP2 was 2.25 or not, since it doesn't really say.. But it doesn't look too big. I'll look around for some Magnaflow and check them out, thanks for the recommendation .

Old 10-18-2007, 09:17 PM
HCF Member

yeah man no problem! i think the GReddy and Megan racing and Apexi and Skunk2 are all 2.5" piping, magnaflow is the only 2.25 i know of other then custom built. would you get a header/downpipe too?

Old 10-19-2007, 08:25 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jason_hann53

yeah man no problem! i think the GReddy and Megan racing and Apexi and Skunk2 are all 2.5" piping, magnaflow is the only 2.25 i know of other then custom built. would you get a header/downpipe too?
Yeah, I was gonna go with GReedy SP2, and probably Magnaflow, now that you mentioned it. I didn't think I found any Apexi or Skunk2 for my 01 LX, not yet at least..

I'll get 4-1 Headers, eventually.. But all of this will be a while, I wanna get performance pulleys, cam gears, intake, headers, ect. Do some inside work before I get to the exhaust, so in the end, it would be more worth it, and sound ALOT better :P. But of course, this'll be awhile before I get all this stuff in, as I stated before.

Currently I just spent $500 bucks on a 7" motorized touchscreen in-dash video for my deck, and $70 bucks on a 4.0 Farad capicitor, and $5 bucks for a harness. So most of the money I could of used on the pulleys, cam gears, and intake, is now gone. I had a nice $600 I could of spent on them, but.. Performance can wait for a while :P.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:18 PM

I will be selling my RSR ExMag (stainless steel version) soon and I am looking for stock exhaust lx (i have the tip already) let me know if your intrseted and if you live in socal. Maybe we can do some kind of deal.

J
(ohsnapsjay@gmail.com ) <------------- my email

Old 10-23-2007, 02:31 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Vilex
Currently I just spent $500 bucks on a 7" motorized touchscreen in-dash video for my deck, and $70 bucks on a 4.0 Farad capicitor, and $5 bucks for a harness. So most of the money I could of used on the pulleys, cam gears, and intake, is now gone. I had a nice $600 I could of spent on them, but.. Performance can wait for a while :P.
if i were you, i'd save up for a swap.... the pulleys and cam gears won't do THAT much to make them worthwhile. also, what head unit did you get?

Old 10-23-2007, 03:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: my05civic

if i were you, i'd save up for a swap.... the pulleys and cam gears won't do THAT much to make them worthwhile. also, what head unit did you get?
yeah d17s arent really build for major mods

Quick Reply: Exhaust for a 2001 Civic LX?