Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust HELP

Old 11-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Default Exhaust HELP

So i currently have a 2006 Civic Lx and am looking to put a full cat back exhaust system on it. I haven't done anything really like this before so kind of need help as to whats good and stuff. Currently there aren't really any systems that fit my car except one made by magnaflow. Are there any other options that i have as to what else i can do? How long do companies usually take to make exhaust systems for newer cars. I would like to get an exhaust system from either Apexi, Skunk2, or Greddy. Would exhaust systems for an Ex model work on my Lx model also? Please Help. Thanks.

Old 11-23-2006, 07:24 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Exhaust HELP

the time it takes for a company to put out a product varies greatly.

i think you'll get something you like if you just get one of the mufflers by a company you mentioned, and have the entire exhaust fabricated at a shop

Old 11-23-2006, 08:15 PM
HCF Member

i cant tell you the exhaust differences between an EX and an LX on the new ones...but magnaflow is a good company. you would be safe with them.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:00 AM

Get custom parts. Like get an magna flow muffler, or megan and then get your own custom made exhaust which you can have shops do, and it'll probably cost you less than buying a name brand exhaust and perform the same. Thats what i did. I built my own exhaust thus having my own unique sound then the sound of every civic owner who bought a megan or brand name exhaust and it still performs as well as a brand name exhaust. So i agree with my05civic. Get the whole exhaust fabricated at a shop

Old 11-25-2006, 12:13 PM

definetly go with magnaflow or GReddy...but to find out the difference between the two models, go to your local honda dealer, and tell them your looking to get your exhaust installed, ask them casually ask them what the difference is. When you have heard what you want to hear, just tell them you will call, then be on your way. Good luck