HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Exhaust Rattle? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/exhaust-rattle-37118/)

importlegends 01-30-2007 08:27 PM

Exhaust Rattle?

So I've been driving my civic for a few years now and have not had a problem with the exhaust.But now everytime it idols the muffler rattles or I would say shakes.
Does anyone have this problem too? I need to know whats going on with it and why it shakes so much. You can hear it shake from the inside too. [&:]

Stumasters 01-30-2007 09:33 PM

RE: Exhaust Rattle?

It's just a mounting bracket somewhere, or a bolt or something has fallen out, unlikely but possible.

Get under it and take a look around. It also might need one of those little hard ruber washers that seperates some of the mounting bolts to keep it from making sounds. If you get a good look at it you can figure it out.

Either way, wouldn't be much of a fix, even if you take it to a muffler shop I would say it can't take more then 5-10 minutes to fix.

FlipHKD720 01-31-2007 09:47 AM

or a heat shield, those are soooooo annoying. Is it rubbing on the rear bumped? Or is the bracket itself rattling?

Remmy 01-31-2007 10:06 AM

I know exactly what it is. Its the heat shield to the muffler. Also a ratlle problem that will come up is the hearder heat shield on the down pipe. Might as well get rid of them both. They have literally no effect or consequences once removed.

GEMZ 01-31-2007 10:10 AM

i have the same roblem i Looked under the car and its the tit of the exause hiting the bumper so i just took it in the shop they said that the ruber suportswhere worn out it took like five minutes and the noise disapear

My04Civic 01-31-2007 10:13 AM

take that darned heat sheild off:D problem solved

riceburner700 01-31-2007 10:27 AM

i know my exhaust rattles at certain rpms becuase my downpipe is just connected to my 1 piece exhaust with no flex pipe. with the b7 head thats going on im going with a custom downpipe and putting in a flex pipe to really tone down the rattles.

check to see if you have a flex pipe

importlegends 01-31-2007 01:56 PM

lol, alright thanks everybody. I'll have to look at it after the snow clears up here.
I'm guess it might be the mounting bracket because I did get a resonator put on about a week ago, but then again it could be a bolt or what some of u say the heat shield.
Yeah I knowtest that its been doing that a lot after I install the headers, but it did that before I even install the headers.

ic892003 01-31-2007 05:43 PM

guys i have the same problem, i hear a rattling from the bottom of my car, wut could it be, i dont have a heat shield anymore so im not sure wut ese it could be

importlegends 02-01-2007 12:27 AM

Yeah, I haven't figure it out yet. I don't have the heat shield on anymore. hmmm. I have to do more work and see.