Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust rumble after puddles

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 08:29 AM
HCF Member
Default Exhaust rumble after puddles

I am terrified to post because when I do, I get ripped a new one. I did do a search and couldn't find this specific problem.

After I drive through a puddle, my exhaust rumbles like crazy. It doesn't sound right when it gets wet. A rumble that sounds like a Harley. Any suggestions what I might be able to do?

Thank you.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Exhaust rumble after puddles

haa i have no input on this i just liked your terrified approach.....lol

Old 11-08-2006, 02:22 PM
HCF Member

when have you gotten "ripped a new one" when you post. yes the search feature is your friend. but not everything that is going to happen is going to be the exact same issue as what someone else has had. So don't be afraid to post. I can almost gaurantee you that the people being dicks are not the regulars that have been here for awhile.

As for you issue, i would think that it has something to do with your ignition system. but exactly what i am not too sure, sorry

Old 11-09-2006, 08:08 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

when have you gotten "ripped a new one" when you post. yes the search feature is your friend. but not everything that is going to happen is going to be the exact same issue as what someone else has had. So don't be afraid to post. I can almost gaurantee you that the people being dicks are not the regulars that have been here for awhile.

As for you issue, i would think that it has something to do with your ignition system. but exactly what i am not too sure, sorry
Thanks for the reply! The other day I asked about the best CAI for my ride and someone told me to search. I did, but maybe I did the search wrong. I tried 03+CAI. I tried CAI+03. I didn't find any matches, then tried CAI and got a ton. I read a hundred (or so posts) trying to find details on what is the best CAI for the little amount of mods I have done. I also wanted to know what was best to pair with the mods I would like to do over the next couple of years. I just like to do my research and want to always get the best for my ride and how I drive. I understand it gets annoying when the same questions are asked over and over, but I guess I just thought I was special and wanted to get opinions for my situation

Old 11-09-2006, 08:13 AM
HCF Member

All CAI do the same thing, If you live in Cali you will need one that is C.A.R.B or whatever, but you cant go wrong with any intake.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Sounds to me like your distributor is getting wet. I would check it for cracks and moisture inside.

The red arrow is pointing to the distributor in case you didnt know where it was.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2331/7E0489124F9F4D1F9EAC6E7141967A93.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-11-2006, 02:58 PM

on the valve cover does that little air filter make a difference, i ahve seen tons of valve cover s have tubes goign to the air intake, why do u have a filter? what does it do for you?