Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

exhaust system for 97 ex

Old 11-20-2004, 12:05 AM
Default exhaust system for 97 ex

I just bought a 97 civic ex. I want to add more power so i am thinking of adding an AEM cold air intake, dc sports header, and a greddy evo2 catback. Does anyone have a setup like this or does anyone have any better ideas. I am new at this so anything would help.

Old 11-20-2004, 07:57 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: exhaust system for 97 ex

those are the most common things people get when they start modifying their cars. But to be honest, you aren't going to get that much power out of them. Combined, you might get 10hp ar the wheels. It's decent power gain but not "eyes in the back of your head" power.

I went this route too just because my car was new and I didn't want to put in a turbo or super charger right away (+ i was poor). Putting these mods in won't void your manufacturer warranty but forced induction will.

So, if you can get a decent price for those parts.. then go ahead. I would guess that all 3 should be around $1500 (CAD). 700-800 exhaust, 250-300 intake, 400-500 headers

Old 11-20-2004, 10:09 AM
HCF Member

actually any mod can void the factory warranty, but theres something called the moss act bla-bla... its a long story thats on this forum about a million times.

Old 11-20-2004, 10:19 AM
HCF Member

not any mod. exhaust, headers, and intake will not void manufacturer warranty. Obviously if the new exhaust is broken, the manufacturer isn't gonna help you with that. but my point is that it won't affect other components. As soon as u put a turbo or super charger in, virtually every system is affected and can be argued that it failed because of that.

Old 11-20-2004, 02:49 PM
HCF Member

ANY mod will void the warranty, and I put a supercharger on my car and guess what... still warrantied. So its not the forced induction thing, but im not going to argue with you over it so im done.

Old 11-20-2004, 03:09 PM
HCF Member

warranties are not worth much anyway. Technically, if the aftermarket part didnt cause the problem, they have to fix it. but I dont know about you guys, but I dont have the time or money to fight with Honda in court over a part. if they cover it, cool. if not, then talk to a manager, try talking to the highest person you can get ahold of, and explain your case to them clearly. If they dont cover it, go on your way. No its not right. but thats the way it is. for now. and there really is no be all, end all, VOID of your warranty. each part is seperately covered. if you put a turbo on your 04 si, and then the back wheel falls off because of a suspension malfunction, it'd better be covered by the warranty. thats when you have a case worth persuing.

Old 11-20-2004, 03:34 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: polo708

ANY mod will void the warranty, and I put a supercharger on my car and guess what... still warrantied. So its not the forced induction thing, but im not going to argue with you over it so im done.
you know that you are contradicting yourself don't you?? First you say ANY mode will void the warranty and in the next sentence you go on to say you are still covered...

i dont want to argue with you but i am basically saying the same thing as sacicons. the system you change and all AFFECTED systems will likely be voided BUT UNRELATED systems will not. In the case of a turbo, this will affect MANY systems in your car and you will have more problems with warrenty claims.. that's all i'm saying.

Also, just so you guys know.. there are some manufacturers won't even cover STOCK cars if you drive the **** out of them. I know in the US there are some EVO's and STi's that goto the track/drag and because they were EXCESSIVE with the car, they were not covered. This may or may not be legal but people are running into problems with warranties. This is all I'm saying.