HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Good Question.......................................... ............................................. (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/good-question-29620/)

DreamTeam87 09-24-2006 10:31 PM

Good Question.......................................... .............................................

I have a 1994 honda civic with a V-Tec 1.6 liter.... the engine its pretty much stock..... it has custom short ram intake and an aftermarket fuel rail... and muffler (no real exhaust yet)i want to change the exhaust to a dual with 2 mufflers and with performance catalytic converters.... how many inches should i have on the pipes?

Without change'n anything to the car......

My04Civic 09-24-2006 10:47 PM

RE: Good Question.......................................... .............................................

rule of thumb for N/A cars 2.25"-2.5" :D can i ask why dual??

DreamTeam87 09-24-2006 11:01 PM

RE: Good Question.......................................... .............................................

the look for now.... later performance...

dfdon 09-25-2006 06:46 AM

i dont know if there is a real advantage to have duel exhaust but i may be wrong

devney 09-25-2006 08:12 AM

There isn't. Go for it though if you like the look of it.

My04Civic 09-25-2006 08:25 AM

see thats why i was asking...i just think it would look more rice looking

windcalmer 09-25-2006 01:28 PM

RE: Good Question.......................................... .........................................

My04Civic, why 2.25"-2.5", and not a larger pipe? I am new, so please dont think I am second guessing you.

Remmy 09-25-2006 01:47 PM

RE: Good Question.......................................... .........................................

larger pipe would kill what little backpressure there is. View the sticky in theis forum for info on why and why not to run a large exhaust.

DreamTeam87 09-25-2006 05:02 PM

would i lose power in conclusion to doing this?

mybrokenblinker 09-25-2006 08:49 PM

by splitting the pipe to get a dual exhaust you will lose a little bit of power. And you don't really go bigger than 2.5 for n/a because you need to keep exhaust gas speed up.