Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

H/B exhaust on a DX

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Default H/B exhaust on a DX

Hello there. I am posting to help out a friend who is new to the civic world, but is partially retarded when it comes to asking questions online and general computer knowledge. So here's the situation....

He bought a 96 DX coupe with the D16y7 in it. The previous owner said it had a "type-r" motor in it (didn't specify b-series or k-series or anything along those lines). Well before he sold it, he put the stock d16y7 back in, and for the exhaust, he just put a stock exhaust back on and chopped it off before the rear suspension, so it would still be loud. Genius. The previous owner was a football bat soup sandwich. So now we're looking for exhausts.

I came across a great deal on a Apex'i WSII cat-back brand new still in the box, but the only problem is it's for a 96 DX HATCHBACK. My buddy's civic is a 96 DX coupe. How much of a difference between the H/B and the coupe's exhaust is there? Is it just a minor difference, or would it be a major nightmare getting it to fit?

I need an answer from someone who has actually worked on both a H/B and coupe. Any response would be awesome. Thanks!

Old 04-08-2008, 03:56 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: H/B exhaust on a DX

ORIGINAL: redblur07

The previous owner was a football bat soup sandwich.

hahaha...i dont know but good luck!

Old 04-08-2008, 03:57 PM
HCF Member

i bolted up a apexi n1, from a coupe, up to my Ek hatch. The piping was a bit longer, which wouldnt fit on my hatch. So if you were to put it on hatch exhaust onto your coupe, it would be too short and the hangers wont line up properly. My suggestion is that if you really want that exhaust, take it to a shop to get it custom fitted or just buy one to fit the coupe. Maybe even get a custom exhaust.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:18 PM

How much of a difference was there in the piping? Was it a few inches or are we talking a foot here? thanks for the response!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:43 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: redblur07

How much of a difference was there in the piping? Was it a few inches or are we talking a foot here? thanks for the response!
inches, but i dont know the exact measurement. It was about 2 years ago.