HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Header (Rant Warning) (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/header-rant-warning-28410/)

love_my_si 09-04-2006 12:02 PM

Header (Rant Warning)

ok, i realize i am pretty new to this forum so im kind of concerned about posting this and getting yelled at for correcting people. but for the love of God, a civic only has ONE header, so please when refering to your exhaust setup dont say you have headers. (unless your marty b/c im pretty sure he has a v8) thank you.

Nail I3unny 09-04-2006 03:30 PM

RE: Header (Rant Warning)

good call...but usually whenever i see people say 'headers' theyre refering to headers in general...IE 'you usually want go look for headers made by legit companies'.

'headers' is a goofy word if you say it enough

cyberx32 09-05-2006 12:34 AM

We all know it only has one header, but it doesnt sound right while using it in a sentence.

love_my_si 09-05-2006 08:55 AM

i know most people realize a civic only has one header, but when people come on hear saying they have headers on their car, or they are going to get headers, its kind of obvious that they dont know what they are talking about.

Fiasco 09-05-2006 08:57 AM

its a general term. I wouldnt lose sleep over it. If some says they installed headers on thier civic, I dont assume they meant 2. Who would?

addiction2bass 09-05-2006 09:33 AM

dam man... calm down ;)

ITS NOT THAT DEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got headers on my civic ;)

or does it have to be
i got head on my civic..... o WOOPS wrong speeling again. :eek:

Forty04 09-05-2006 10:50 AM

ORIGINAL: love_my_si

i know most people realize a civic only has one header, but when people come on hear saying they have headers on their car, or they are going to get headers, its kind of obvious that they dont know what they are talking about.
meh, the way I look at it, they're only making themselves look dumb..

My04Civic 09-05-2006 12:22 PM

oh love_my_si....you and your drugs

polo708 09-05-2006 03:20 PM

I've given up on correcting that... but I can instantly tell how much car knowledge someone has with that small comment. Its a pet peeve of mine but Im seeing a therapist about it, haha

addiction2bass 09-05-2006 04:25 PM

o man...
but I can instantly tell how much car knowledge someone has with that small comment.

THAT DEFINATLY DOES NOT PERTAIN TO to many people!
look at my posts... i cannt spell with a dam most the time. i love smilie faces just cause im a happy kinda guy. (dont know why smilies get on peoples nerves ;) )

but i know a hell of alot of mechanics and if i dont know i get out and try it!
im probably best with wiring up stereos... but i can still tear a old school car apart and rebuild it fully!

i somewhat take offense to that statement..... dont judge someone by a small comment that they may make.... im horible when it comes to spelling and grammer and names of people BUT put a wrench in my hand and im starter than most people that can ready the chiltons book thru 100 times and still cannt change thier own oil........

come on..... you know WE ALL KNOW SOMEONE LIKE THAT.LMFAO
BUT thats ok.... theyre gonna get good high paying jobs... and take thier car into a shop and were gonna charge em out the WOZO ;)

gotta love the circle of life! :D