HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   headers (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/headers-77143/)

tyler95civic 07-23-2009 04:57 PM

headers

was wondering if i put aftermarket headers on my civic would it be pointless if i still ran the stock exhaust.. i want the sound to be all motor thats why i wnt to keep the stock exhaust on..

NIKE H34D 07-23-2009 05:10 PM

Boom Boom.... Only One Header On Your Civic. kk? hehe

and headers on the civic is always worthless and not worth it :D

Justin13 07-23-2009 08:16 PM

A header is designed to increase airflow. With the stock exhaust that extra airflow is going to be blocked and do nothing.

Just get a good full exhaust with a good name brand header and muffler.
A good brand for a header is Megan.
Apexi WS2 exhaust is recommended. It's quiet and still sounds good.

croninc 07-24-2009 02:02 AM

actually dont waste ur money on a header. In fact dont even waste you money on an exhaust if you dont plan on turboing or doing a crazy all motor build.

HP doesnt come easy on civics. Turbo, nitrous, or expensive all motor build are your only options to get noticiable gains. A intake, header, and exhaust wont do anything. If you want some more sound, get a nice muffler.

civicexracer 07-24-2009 07:03 AM

If all you want is nice sound from your motor, get a good intake like the AEM V2 or Weapon R Secret Weapon intakes. From personal experience those 2 are pretty loud, as loud as some exhausts.

NIKE H34D 07-24-2009 11:10 AM

Yeah intake makes an awesome noise increase lol I had AEM CAI and i loved the sound... until i put a new muffler on :( stupid me lol

kanarrjl 07-24-2009 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by civicexracer (Post 658865)
If all you want is nice sound from your motor, get a good intake like the AEM V2 or Weapon R Secret Weapon intakes. From personal experience those 2 are pretty loud, as loud as some exhausts.

+1 i love my aem

trustdestruction 07-24-2009 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by croninc (Post 658853)
A intake, header, and exhaust wont do anything. If you want some more sound, get a nice muffler.

Well, if he plans on doing anything in the future (n/a build, turbo, supercharger, nitrous) he's going to want larger exhaust. It won't add power right away but it will help a lot later.

croninc 07-24-2009 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction (Post 658967)
Well, if he plans on doing anything in the future (n/a build, turbo, supercharger, nitrous) he's going to want larger exhaust. It won't add power right away but it will help a lot later.

yes tru, didnt mention it cause it didnt look like he really wanted to upgrade the exhaust.

plethoric33 07-24-2009 08:09 PM

Megan 4-2-1 header, custom 2.25 or 2.5 inch pipes to a muffler of your choice. Cheapest way and still quality. Intakes just sound and look better. But if you plan on boosting, dont waste time on a header and intake.

intenseneal 08-12-2009 01:37 AM

My cousin had a 94 EX with an AEM SRI, DC 4-2-1 header and stock exhaust. I sounded so mean at the top end. It pulled very nicely after the header was put on. Get a header and a good cat back it makes all the difference. Its not going to give you 30 more hp more like 10-12 but you will feel it. Plus it lays the ground work for head work and higher compression in the future.

cvcrcr99 08-12-2009 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by intenseneal (Post 664023)
My cousin had a 94 EX with an AEM SRI, DC 4-2-1 header and stock exhaust. I sounded so mean at the top end. It pulled very nicely after the header was put on. Get a header and a good cat back it makes all the difference. Its not going to give you 30 more hp more like 10-12 but you will feel it. Plus it lays the ground work for head work and higher compression in the future.

An intake and header for 10-12 hp... impressive. You have a dyno sheet proving that?

kfock05 08-12-2009 06:41 AM

Megan header---that is what i had!!! :D

xsteinbachx 08-12-2009 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by intenseneal (Post 664023)

Coming from someone who hasn't dyno'd the vehicle and is pulling numbers out of his @ss. Just like my Type R sticker gave me 600whpzz.. I don't actually know... BUT I FEEEEEEL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!