HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Holley Thundermuff (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/holley-thundermuff-13461/)

magiconthetire 12-02-2005 11:51 AM

Holley Thundermuff

Ok well as of now im pretty stock, all i have is a AEM Cold Air intake, but remeber i have a '99 with 190k on it. I am eventually going to do a B18C swap, later on in 2006, that im saving for now. With the swap im going to turbo, and get all the good stuff, im not going to buy any cheap sh*t. But right now, i dont really need to spend ALOT on headers and exhaust when im swaping out the engine anyway. Ill be posting pics after Christmas because i have the JDM front lip, but my girlfriend is getting me the rear lip, and some sideskirts for Christmas. Plus im buying tires for my 17's.

But my main question is, i heard some good things about Holley Thundermuff here on HCF. I looked at their exhausts for a '99 EX, and you can basically buy it now for 130 + 30 shipping on a new catback on ebay. What do you guys think? Are Holley's headers anygood?

I appreciate your guys' feedback. THanks

BTW, if anyone wants to buy my stock exhaust with less that 1,000 miles on it (when i bought the car the guy had put a brandnew exhaust formMidas on the car right before he sold it to me,gave me all the recipts and everything, so if anyone is interested we can make a deal. I can get some pics if you are interested, the exhaust has never seen snow, im storing the civic for the winter.

StifflersMom 12-02-2005 07:16 PM

RE: Holley Thundermuff

Hehehe...how loud can you take? This is one of the loudest exhausts out there...I'm swapping the muffler on tuesday for a quieter one...headaches in the cabin. It's well worth it though. Header...I'm looking into the holley header...

dj_ipirate 12-02-2005 07:49 PM

are they loud and deep? or bumble bee loud?

StockSi 12-02-2005 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: dj_ipirate

are they loud and deep? or bumble bee loud?
loud and deep on a d series is a oxymoron.

bumble bees is a anomonopeia.

dj_ipirate 12-02-2005 07:56 PM

i wouldnt be so quick on that... listen to my ride

Click here to watch 01-civic-ex-with-skunk2-catback

StockSi 12-02-2005 08:05 PM

where's the load?

dj_ipirate 12-02-2005 08:06 PM

i had to edit it. got the link wrong

StockSi 12-02-2005 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: dj_ipirate

i had to edit it. got the link wrong
no, it worked.. i just meant where is the engine load. it's hard to make those engines sound nice.. it's hard to get bass from even a vtec.. you need power or compression or something.

dj_ipirate 12-02-2005 08:12 PM

ha ha i dont kiss and tell:D

dj_ipirate 12-02-2005 08:14 PM

j/k its a combo between 2.5" pipes and a nice resonator. came on the skunk2 system. pretty tizight imo