HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   How much will headers add to my car? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/how-much-will-headers-add-my-car-11615/)

Ibanezoo9 10-15-2005 09:28 PM

How much will headers add to my car?

I have an 05 civic ex. Will headers make a big difference, cuz I heard honda pipings suck...And how much do u have to pay if u want a good header? Thanks.

ngoti 8tor 10-15-2005 09:32 PM

RE: How much will headers add to my car?

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

DC Sports Ceramic Coated is the going header on here.

Nail I3unny 10-17-2005 04:17 PM

actually stock honda piping is phenominal compared to most stock cars. you will only gain 4 or 5 hp over stock...and thats optomistic

dj_ipirate 10-18-2005 01:23 PM

it varries. everycar is going to act differently. headers on my friends accord... the damn thing felt like a rocket. but dc is the way to go. they have been doing it forever.

Street Sniper 10-18-2005 01:34 PM

Before someone else corrects you... you only have (1) header on your car. One head = one header.

Honda exhaust systems do what they were designed for- quiet the exhaust while still retaining fuel economy. Believe it or not, not everybody wants a deep, throaty exhaust.

But like Nails said, 4 or 5Hp at the outside. If you dont have them yet, I would get a good intake and cat-back before I got a header.

riceburner700 10-18-2005 08:57 PM

a header will make your car a little bit louder you should notice an improvement in power, but i would get a full exsaust and intake first then headers., so you can fell how much your headers are actualy restricting....

just my .02

smit3413 10-26-2005 11:20 PM

i dunno, my 99 civic lx got a lot more power, or so it seemed, when i put on some performance headers w/o a cat convertor.
of course, if you don't have a cat then you will get some more power.

civicexracer 10-27-2005 03:55 PM

I got my DC sports 4-2-1 ceramic header for $255 shipped on ebay. cheapest i could find it anywhere online. if u dont want to buy off of ebay, www.ptuning.com probably has the cheapest stuff and there very reliable and fast shipping, i got my cat-back from there. the headers have a very noticable power gain through the 3-5k rpm range. not exactly sure how much hp but maybe around 5ish since ur car is stock. good luck on ur search and have fun!

Civic4Life 10-29-2005 12:33 AM

Should i go for duel exhaust or no? is there a power difference or is it just for looks?

riceburner700 10-29-2005 11:08 AM

no dont go with dual exhaust....

adds weight
hard to flow right
doesnt look very good on a civic