HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Hybrid intakes (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/hybrid-intakes-20390/)

glada96EX 04-16-2006 04:44 PM

Hybrid intakes

Are they really needed? I am swaping in a B16 and I figured I could just get an AEM SRI for a 99 si, which is like 110 bucks. There is also a hybrid one by AEM that says for B16 swap for like 220 bucks! There cant be that much of a difference. Sounds like marketing to me but I thought I would ask.

Forty04 04-17-2006 11:03 AM

RE: Hybrid intakes

I would honestly look into CAI's rather than SRI's. Do a little searching around here and you'll find numberous reasons as to why...

slvcivic00 04-17-2006 03:24 PM

I agree with Forty04 get a CAI, I have one on my civic and I love it, no hydro lock problems ether and I live in rainy NW Washington. I think you should be fine with buying the hybrid CAI or the CAI for a 1999-2000 Honda Civic Si.

Nail I3unny 04-17-2006 05:26 PM

you mean hybrid as in a car with an engine it didnt originally come with?

sacicons 04-17-2006 09:18 PM

if you got the short ram, it wouldnt matter so much, except for throttle body size. but on a CAI, the hybrid ones fit a little better than just getting the Si one, even though it will work with most combos.

glada96EX 04-25-2006 06:15 PM

I have a cold air intake on my current set up. I dont like how the filter gets so dirty so quickly. I do like the powerband though, alot better than my old ghetto SRI. I have also had water splash the intake and snuff out the engine and I dont like that. I might search for a dyno comparison with the AEM SRI and the AEM CAI. I dunno.

Forty04 04-26-2006 09:10 AM

hhmmm... It sounds to me like theres something else going on. A little water splashed onto your filter shouldnt "snuff out" the motor.

Remmy 04-26-2006 09:19 AM

I have a short ram for a reason. Puddles like to climb up to 2 feet in my area. It also makes it a lottle louder. When you have the air and stereo off, you can hear the air sucking in... its pretty cool.

Forty04 04-26-2006 09:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Remmy

I have a short ram for a reason. Puddles like to climb up to 2 feet in my area. It also makes it a lottle louder. When you have the air and stereo off, you can hear the air sucking in... its pretty cool.
a lottle louder eh? :D I dont know what it is, but my CAI seems to be louder than when I run the SRI.

Nail I3unny 04-26-2006 03:24 PM

ORIGINAL: sacicons

if you got the short ram, it wouldnt matter so much, except for throttle body size. but on a CAI, the hybrid ones fit a little better than just getting the Si one, even though it will work with most combos.
if you put a B16 into a 96-00 ex, dx, lx...ect wouldnt the CAI from the 6g SI work? because its the same engine and same engine bay?