Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

I expected more...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 06:55 PM
HCF Member
Default I expected more...

I expected more from aem... I just bought a v2 last week and it got here yesterday. Since I am at school all day then go from there to work I get home at about 9:30-10:30 depending on what day it is. I stayed outside installing the v2 until about 11:40 even though I was tired as hell because I have no other time to do it and I didn't want to wait until sunday seeing as I havn't really had any air intake at all on my car for 3 months. I thought AEM products would bea little more perfect but I guess that something will always go wrong. To get to the point it didn't come with a hose for the valve cover and the clamps are really small and I had to fight with them to get the intake onto the throttle body then get the second part to the first one. Then I think I have it all done and I go to grab the filter and put it on and the clamp doesn't even fit this one. I have to wait until probably saturday until I can get my filter on and get to test my v2 out. I know I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill but I never have time for my car and the time I took out of sleeping to install an aem product and it not fit right really pisses me off because I really did not think I would have a problem with it.

Sorry but I really had to rant about this even though it is soo damn stupid.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Default RE: I expected more...

yea, i had that with my injen CAI. had to rip out all the stock stuff, then i had to jack up the car, take off the front driver side wheel, cut the wheel well a little so the pipe would fit around it. it took me like 2 hours almost to do the stupid CAI. WHY CANT THEY MAKE IT EASY. ALSO... they didnt say anything to me about cutting anything when i was asking them about buying and installing it. JERKS. it was worth the work, but i was pissed. i made small cuts, but didnt remove anything from making the cuts. thinking about it, i hsould have gotten the SRI instead, easier install, alot less hastle, and no problem with making it fit.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

wow... i never would've imagined it'd be so hard lol.

i bought mine used from a friend who had it for like 40 miles and thus the clamps and all were all already set

good luck with your install man

Old 09-13-2007, 07:05 PM
HCF Member

Mine took me about 2 hours but I had to change out the transmission mount though, it comes with a slimmer one because the stock one gets in the way. I knew that ahead of time so it didn't bother me. Yea though,you would thinkinjen and AEM would have it absolutely perfect for you but I guess not.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:15 PM

did i mention that i had to drain the coolant, if i didnt it would have leaked everywhere once disconnecting the tubes. i forgot about the time it took me to drain half of that out and then go buy some more from my local autozone. LOL

Old 09-13-2007, 07:17 PM
June 2010 ROTM

Yeah, I thought that that was the reason they were so much more expensive than no-name pipes. My eBay special CAI went on without issues. I got lucky I guess. Did the V2 come with a Dryflow?

Old 09-13-2007, 07:31 PM

thats actually my next question. my injen air filter!!! is it a good one, or should i get a dryflow filter??? whats the differnece? if i get the dryflow filter, do i just clean it with water, let it dry out then put it back on or what?? thanks

Old 09-14-2007, 07:11 PM
HCF Member

Actually, every ebay intake I have seen have fit physically fine because they are not as complex as say a v2 (replacing mounts and things like that) the only problem with them is that they don't all have holes for the sensors you need. Yea my v2 came with a dry flow. btw my mom picked up a bigger clamp for me while I was at work and I got my car started with the v2, it sounds great but I haven't got to drive it anywhere yet.

The injen filter is fine but I don't know if you need to oil it or not. If you want one you don't have to oil then get a dryflow. AEM has cleaning solutions for them but you can just use soapy water then rinse it out and your done. (run water inside of it, not on the outside or you will just get the dirt stuck in it further.)

I will post pictures later.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:29 PM
HCF Member

When I got my AEM cai for my prelude it wasn't a pain to put in, it just took longer than i expected. I would've called AEM and made a stink about it. You probably would've got free stuff lol

Old 09-14-2007, 11:28 PM
HCF Member

Hes got a good point! tell them how your car was down for a while... because their intake was so complex to put on. lol!