HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   I really really really hate nuts@!!!#!@ (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/i-really-really-really-hate-nuts%40-%40-36590/)

Partizan 01-22-2007 06:10 PM

I really really really hate nuts@!!!#!@

So, yesterday was the third day(non consecutive) which I spent on trying to get one damn nut off my catalytic converter, so I can put my world sport 2 on it. Well, no matter what I did, i couldnt get it off. I even had my dad help me. We even used a tool for stripped nuts, which ended up stripping it more.

So, what am I to do now? I could either take it to a shop and see if they can get it off, but I don't know how much they would charge, and if it would be worth it.

Another idea that popped in my head was to get a brand new catalytic converter. Now, where would I get a decent one for not a whole lot of money? I would need one as a direct bolt in, with the bung hole for the o0 sensor. I have a 98 ex, if that matters at all.

Help..

my05civic 01-22-2007 06:30 PM

RE: I really really really hate nuts@!!!#!@

try to get a magnaflow hi-flow cat from ebay. somebody recently got one from ebay for like $50

Partizan 01-22-2007 07:15 PM

Do they have the bung hole?

drbyers 01-22-2007 07:57 PM

BAWHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHA...

Partizan 01-22-2007 09:08 PM

I want to laught too. Whats funny?

Fiirkan 01-22-2007 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Partizan

Do they have the bung hole?
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Remmy 01-22-2007 10:22 PM

eheeeheeeheee...eheeeheeeheee.... BUNG HOLE!!!! I need teepee fot eh BUNG HOLE!!!!

Partizan 01-22-2007 11:21 PM

So, whats the hole for the o2 sensor called then?

my05civic 01-22-2007 11:21 PM

"hole for the o2 sensor"
OR
"o2 sensor hole"

Partizan 01-22-2007 11:23 PM

Hmm, w/e. I heard some peopele call it bung, but w/e.

How about some helpful answers?

rit14623 01-22-2007 11:52 PM

I've dealt with nuts that were so rusted on, it was as good as welded on.
The simplest and fastest solution isget a rotary tool, acutting wheel holder, and acouple heavy-duty cutting wheels. Cut the bolt and nut off. Get new ones to replace it.
It will cost you to buy a rotary tool and accesories but will save you time and energy, which you've already spent. I went through the same thing as you.

Forty04 01-23-2007 07:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Partizan

Hmm, w/e. I heard some peopele call it bung, but w/e.
How about some helpful answers?
yeah dude it's called an "o2 Bung", no biggie...

Like mentioned above, the cutting wheel is your friend.

FlipHKD720 01-23-2007 09:41 AM

yea just cut it off with a hacksaw in between the exhaust mani and the cat or whatever you are cutting it and go buy a new bolt. Itd be real cheap and save you alot of time, thats what i did and it worked just fine.

Fiirkan 01-23-2007 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Remmy

eheeeheeeheee...eheeeheeeheee.... BUNG HOLE!!!! I need teepee fot eh BUNG HOLE!!!!
VA YA CON CORNHOLIO! would you like a spatula, spatula for your bungholea http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/...cornholio2.gif

FlipHKD720 01-23-2007 09:51 AM

oh man hahahahahhahaha come on Tim, this guy really needs some help :D

bung hole.....:D

Fiirkan 01-23-2007 09:53 AM

Sorry, i got a little carried away:D

i agree, you will either need the use of torchs' and heal the sumbitch up, or you will have to cut it off. And even if you get a new cat converter, you still need to get the bolt out. so i would focous on that first

rit14623 01-23-2007 01:47 PM

RE: I really really really nuts@!!!#!@

Hacksaw is not always easy to get the right angle to cut the bolt (especially if the bolt is above the pipe at the 12 o'clock position) and it takes longer.

Even if you go with a new catalytic converter, you'll need to deal with bolts that hold the cat to the exhaust manifold down pipe. Same old situation.

Partizan 01-23-2007 07:53 PM

Bastards :)

Anyways, thats for the suggestions.

civicexracer 01-24-2007 01:31 PM

lil dremel will cut that sucker off in no time. just buy a new bolt and ur good to good.

mybrokenblinker 01-24-2007 03:56 PM

^^agreed

Stumasters 01-24-2007 08:37 PM

Chuckle Chuckle...

I miss that show.

Hey speaking of Bung holes, Whats the best way to get that O2 sensor out of there? I want to polish down my Manifold guard a little, and possibly later take off my valve cover and do some creative painting, but I don't want to dammage the sensor, I hear it can screw stuff up if you bang it up or anything.

I read it was good to run the car for a min or two to let it get warm, and shrink a little, making it thread easier. I am guessing loosening the 2 nuts to the manifold cover would be the first step, then an open ended wrench to the grooves on the sensor?

FlipHKD720 01-25-2007 07:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Stumasters

Hey speaking of Bung holes, Whats the best way to get that O2 sensor out of there?
mine came rihgt out, just grab the bitch with some vice grips and turn. Letting it run probably will help, but i've heard that you shouldnt spray it with anything because that will mess up the sensor

My04Civic 01-25-2007 07:32 AM

Original: FlipHKD720
mine came rihgt out, just grab the bitch with some vice grips and turn. Letting it run probably will help, but i've heard that you shouldnt spray it with anything because that will mess up the sensor
yeah, you just gotta be careful as hell, you dont wanna ruin that baby :D

civicexracer 01-25-2007 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Stumasters

Chuckle Chuckle...

I miss that show.

Hey speaking of Bung holes, Whats the best way to get that O2 sensor out of there? I want to polish down my Manifold guard a little, and possibly later take off my valve cover and do some creative painting, but I don't want to dammage the sensor, I hear it can screw stuff up if you bang it up or anything.

I read it was good to run the car for a min or two to let it get warm, and shrink a little, making it thread easier. I am guessing loosening the 2 nuts to the manifold cover would be the first step, then an open ended wrench to the grooves on the sensor?
u need to be careful with o2 sensors. droping it, spraying with any kinda lubricants and whatnot will damage it. if its stuck on there tight, best bet is to heat up the bung hole(har har) with a torch and then take a wrench to it. just be careful not to burn the wires.

Stumasters 01-25-2007 09:13 PM

Sweet, I will give that b**** some TP and yank it outta there.

Thanks fellas.