Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

if someone could just start me off that'd be great :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Default if someone could just start me off that'd be great :)

My name is Ben and I'm the owner of a 1997 Honda Civic EX and am a newbie at this, so hello everyone
Anyways, my car already has a full body kit, cold air intake, and has been lowered about an inch and a half.
I know what to do for the outside appearance but I really want to up my cars performance. What are the basics that I should have to have a decent tuner car? thanks soo much everyone!
-Ben

Old 01-10-2008, 06:54 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: if someone could just start me off that'd be great :)

well first lets get this out of the way. Im not trying to hate, at all, im just saying your not gonna get much out of performance bolt ons.

but as you stated you want some basics. first i would complete the i/h/e which mean you should get a race header/and some kinda of catback. Then go for a tuning option( others must chime in here, i dont no much about your model car).

Old 01-10-2008, 07:04 PM

thanks a lot bro, that really helps do you have a prefered header? i know DC sports makes good ones but they're 600 bucks lol but i know it's expensive tuning your car but a good equipment for a good price would be nice lol, being a college student and all

Old 01-10-2008, 09:15 PM
HCF Member

i have heard both good and bad things about megan products. but i know there headers are not expensive. around $150 for a header for your car.....

Old 01-10-2008, 10:18 PM

thanks so much guys!

Old 01-11-2008, 05:28 AM
HCF Member

megan racing from my experiences have been good

Old 01-11-2008, 05:30 AM
Administrator

another plus for megan from me. as i am an owner of a MR header.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:31 AM
mxs
HCF Member

Read the stickies in every section of the forum... they are filled with lost of answers to frequently asked questions

Old 01-13-2008, 12:05 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Honda_Lover

i know DC sports makes good ones but they're 600 bucks lol but i know it's expensive
My A$$...That is a total SCAM. Here I have purchase from them before. There ceramic headers for you car are only 269.00 plus shipping.
http://www.hondaproducts.com/IBS/Sim...hy/02000C.html

I would go with DC Sports. Ive heard BAD and GOOD about Megan.... I got my Dc Sports header on this Forum for 85.00 with shipping. I just put a fresh coat of paint for headers and I installed them today and I love my header..Sounds BAD ***....

Old 01-13-2008, 08:43 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs

Read the stickies in every section of the forum... they are filled with lost of answers to frequently asked questions
+1.....but if you want real power, its about some sort of boost or build or a comination. What is your car going to be? Daily driver? Autox? Strip? Making real power will take time and money and knowledge, but a turbochrager is your best bang for your buck. And as stated, read the stickies in the nitrous/turbo/supercharger section

Quick Reply: if someone could just start me off that'd be great :)