HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   intake and exhaust for 2000 dx (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/intake-exhaust-2000-dx-27317/)

mombo 08-15-2006 11:30 PM

intake and exhaust for 2000 dx

Well I ended up getting a 2000 DX hatchback instead of the 2002 SI like I wanted. Couldnt find one close enough to me for it to be worth it. The DX looks pretty good though and saved me some cash so I can do a little more with it now. So its an automatic though and I noticed that the AEM v2 CAI only have stuff for manual tranmissions. I am not sure if this is because automatics are not suppose to have them or what.

I am considering the AEM SRI instead because I hear good things about both and it says nothing about automatic transmissions so I assume its compatible. If someone could confirm that. For the exhaust I am still considering the Greddy EVO 2 if I can find one for it.

Driving around w/o a manual is not as fun :(

Oh does anyone know if the head and taillights on procivic.com for the altezza halos are a good brand? I am thinking about grabbing those and getting my windows tinted as well. Even though in Utah the tint limit is absurd. After that all I need to do is save up for some rims and s-tech springs.

edit:

Alright my above question about CAI on automatic still exist but I have done some research for a little while and have kind of got an upgrade plan for my vehicle. If you see anything that I should change please comment. I am not going for top brand everything but quality does matter to me.

1st AEM SRI
2nd Megan Racing Drift Spec Cat-Back Exhaust
3rd Megan Racing 4-2-1 headers
4th Tien S-Tech Springs
5th Altezza Headlights and Tail lights (brand unsure of still)
6th AEM Pulleys
7th Viper Alarm 781xv w/ remote start (cause I am lazy)
8th Be extremely poor for a while
9th Konig Unknown (16 or 17in I dont know what will be best prob 16's?)
10th ........take my girl out?

I plan on painting my valve cover red.....not sure what else I can paint but I will prob paint it red if I can.....any specific paint I should use? And do you use clear coat on this stuff?

so yah I have the next year of my money planned out now lol....damn school taking it all. So yah what do yall think? And all this stuff will be alright on a Automatic right? I am not sure if an automatic changes anything, doesnt seem like it should.....Anyone know if theres a way to change the shifters? Like get a cooler looking one? Or am I stuck?

I will try to start doing pictures in the next couple weeks and then so forth as I do stuff to it.

edit2: damnit I just read a thing about turbos being cheaper then the I/H/E setup.....guess I am going to start reading about that now.....as for now I am sticking with my current plan though seeing that I do not get into races that often.

scratch that I do not know nearly enough about this stuff to even try it......

smit3413 08-16-2006 02:37 PM

RE: intake and exhaust for 2000 dx

it should work on an automatic... no reason why it wouldn't
and if you paint your valve cover, i recommmend sandblasting it before you paint it or wetsand. then just prime and paint with engine enamel with a clearcoat of engine enamel on top of that. unless you want to spend a lot more money and have it powder-coated, but that's stupid.