Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

INTAKE MANIFOLD.... what all fits for my 99 civic EX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default INTAKE MANIFOLD.... what all fits for my 99 civic EX?

well here it is... id like to buy another intake manifold so i can paint it black and then simply swap it with my manifold plus like my injectors and everything else thats swapable cause i know they are good....

but heres the thing... what all fits exact replacement OEM for my 99 civic EX?

now i know i can just remove mine and paint it BUT that would take longer than id like with the car being down.....
id like to get a manifold and clean it good and do any prep work to it so smooth it decently and paint it black. and then just swap it on and have it up and running as quick as posible!
then i could just slap my manifold back up for sale and recoupe my $$ minus the shiping of course...

i just dont want to spend abunch of money on a shunk aftermarket or POS OBX intake that ive heard so much about.LOL
i just want to start blacken out my engine bay.... and one day if i ever do pull the motor im gonna paint the whole block and tranny black.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:40 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: INTAKE MANIFOLD.... what all fits for my 99 civic EX?

im pretty sure you can get a manifold from the same year car. and im pretty sure that you can get the oem from any d series (if you have a d series) or any b series, (if you have a b series)

Old 02-27-2007, 03:18 AM
HCF Member

Blacked out engine... I would love to see that when it's done.

I'm guessing you have a D16 so any D series manifold should fit.

Usually on a site you have to put in your car model or pick from d-series or b-series when ordering anyways.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:13 AM
HCF Member

any D seires manifold will fit, but the y8 and z6 intake manifolds are two of the best intake manifolds Honda has ever made. If i was you i wouldnt really upgrade, except mabye to a Skunk2, which btw i have not heard very good things about. I say keep it stock man, but paint it black. Thatd look ill

Old 02-27-2007, 07:34 AM
Recognized HCF Member

o ok... ya mines a Y7 i think......

i realy wnt to have it all preaty much blacked out.... just something different that not many people do! and i think it still looks classy.... not those bright colors poking your eyes out.LOL not all the shiny chrome....
only thing thats NOT gonna have color under my hood is the battery and cables and maybe the fluid tanks and the air filter if i do a SAI over my CAI now but realy that filters already charcoal color.LOL...... everything under thier i want blacked out....... id also like to clean up my wires alittle if i can in thier. tho thats strickly wingen it thier... i know i wont be able to hide them all but even a few can help clean it up alittle...

Old 02-28-2007, 09:53 PM
HCF Member

I say pick up another 99 ex intake manifold and either send it to polarbeartuning.com or http://jgenginedynamics.com/and get it port and polished. I had mine done by polar bear tuning, and they're great guys to work with, and I've heard nothing but good about jg, alot of guys from dseries use them. It would look sick all blacked out, I'd love to see that.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:54 AM
HCF Member

Before you buy the CAI make sure you decide on which intake manfold you are going to use otherwise your stuck because the y7 manifold's opening is on top and the y8 is on the side. And yes I screwed myself by doing that.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Recognized HCF Member

o maybe mine is a y8 then... mines on the side

o y ep.. just checked mine is a y8....

Name:  HIDs033.jpg
Views: 1707
Size:  94.3 KB

THO when i do paint it i will paint it with just caliper paint so it will look like my valve cover... still black but with alittle texture to it.... that way it wont have to look perfect as a shiny paint would....
not sure about painting the header or not...... tho i would like to buy a 1piece header.... might have it ceramic coated and then just paint over it with the same black caliper paint and hope it lasts for awhile. tho i can always pull it off and repaint it easily.LOL