HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   just put on true cold air intake (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/just-put-true-cold-air-intake-319/)

baker7598 05-31-2004 12:58 PM

just put on true cold air intake

well i just put on my true cold air intake and can't really tell a difference on my 90 civic dx 1.5. Should I really big able to notice a big difference or am I actually hurting my drivablity?

green98lxsedan 05-31-2004 01:10 PM

RE: just put on true cold air intake

i didnt really get much of a difference either. except for a little more noise.

baker7598 05-31-2004 01:34 PM

yeah but when i put one on the stang it helped and hurt it a little.

Do you know if my car is mass air or mass density?

green98lxsedan 05-31-2004 03:44 PM

it did a little for my stang but nothin exciting really.

i dont really know about the mass air or density though sorry

Struletz 05-31-2004 03:55 PM

I guess it depends on the type of cold air you put on? When i put it on my 03 Civic EX i felt a HUGE difference, like this strain was lifted off my car and i was able to take off much easier though i guess it is different from car to car. Though i kno on older cars ur suppose to feel more of a difference with the intake than most things that you do to it unless it is a turbo or a supercharger.
-Struletz

NTX 05-31-2004 04:44 PM

ORIGINAL: baker7598

well i just put on my true cold air intake and can't really tell a difference on my 90 civic dx 1.5. Should I really big able to notice a big difference or am I actually hurting my drivablity?
Unless you run some type of forced induction, you wont notice big changes on a 1.5.

baker7598 05-31-2004 09:33 PM

know anything else i can do to the 1.5 and keep the gas mileage the same but add more horse power?

polo708 06-01-2004 08:13 AM

ORIGINAL: baker7598

If u put on an exhaust and/or header... they will all work better off of each other. Its kinda like a set, with those you will feel a difference.

As for performance without compromising fuel efficiency... not going to happen, HP cost fuel[sm=smiley2.gif]

FizzGiGG 06-01-2004 08:18 AM

If you increase your HP, you decrease your gas mileage. Unless you are somehow able to increase the efficiency of your engine, you will usually lose on the gas mileage frontier.
Although a cai and cat back system will help with your HP and torque, it will only lower your gas mileage a little due to the generally poor factory engineering of those parts. The oem parts focus not only on the performance and gas mileage, but also the sound level.

NTX 06-01-2004 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: FizzGiGG

If you increase your HP, you decrease your gas mileage.
That's true. You won't be able to have both unfortunatly.