HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   LouD DeeP AnD NoT A CiviC? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/loud-deep-not-civic-27322/)

Djsensation 08-16-2006 01:03 AM

LouD DeeP AnD NoT A CiviC?

Anyone have an idea on what kind of muffler id have to get for it to be loud yet deep but not sound like a civic? if you guys know what i mean? that loud (no offense to anyone out there) annoying (you know its a civic) sound?

Froznface 08-16-2006 07:47 AM

RE: LouD DeeP AnD NoT A CiviC?

First off, the reason those exhausts sound like "a civic" are that they are low quality crap that the local exhaust shop slaps on the car when someone wants a "performance exhaust."

There are two possiblities that I can see:
1) Get a quality exhaust system. You'll notice I say system because that includes all the pipes that carry exhaust gases (ie: Headers, Catalytic Convertor, and Cat-back Exhaust). Do a search...you'll find one that fits your budget. Of course, I'm gonna give props to DC Sports for my header and GReddy for my Evo2. Not having a fart can welded to the stock exhaust is a real step in the right direction.

2) Civics sound like Civics. They are four cylinder engines. Swap in any motor from an American musclecar (your choice of make, model, and year) and I can guarantee that it will sound nothing like a Civic. Of course, I'll make fun of you as you blow my doors off too.

ef4life 08-16-2006 08:07 AM

yeah definatly the quality is a big thing as to how it sounds, but resonators and high flow cats get rid of some of the raspy high pitched noise from the exhaust but it will always sound like a 4 clyinder car no matter what

BillyB98 08-16-2006 11:18 AM

My friends hi flow cat made it sound raspier and more ricey. Id just get a quality cat back

AcuraTFJ 08-16-2006 02:58 PM

Apexi World Sport Exhaust, enough said...

devney 08-16-2006 05:16 PM

Get a header and a carsound cat along with that cat back exhaust and you'll be good.

EDIT** Not the Apexi only, but any quality cat back exhaust.

Fiirkan 08-16-2006 09:22 PM

ORIGINAL: 98 CivicDx

My friends hi flow cat made it sound raspier and more ricey. Id just get a quality cat back
he got a crappy cheep one off of eBay didn't he?? cause if it made it sound raspier and ricier then it was a ****ty one

secondhandloser 08-16-2006 10:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Djsensation

Anyone have an idea on what kind of muffler id have to get for it to be loud yet deep but not sound like a civic? if you guys know what i mean? that loud (no offense to anyone out there) annoying (you know its a civic) sound?

A loud and deep muffler?

Prolly one attached to a mustang?

devney 08-17-2006 12:30 AM

There are some deep sounding civics out there. You know what he means anyways secondhand. Not all civics sound like there's a hole in the muffler. And djsensation, although it'll always sound like a civic, there are some good deep sounding exhaust out there. Good luck.

Forty04 08-17-2006 07:59 AM

Megan Racing Drift Spec. Low, quiet while driving normal, but screams when you hammer on it.