HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Magnaflow?????? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/magnaflow-42532/)

blkhawk05 04-18-2007 08:23 PM

Magnaflow??????

im looking at purchasing the magnaflow stainless steel exhuast for my 05 civic. i was wondering if anyone has it or has heard it. i just want something with adeep tone and not raspy or to loud. help me out

civicexracer 04-18-2007 08:57 PM

RE: Magnaflow??????

have it for my '95 ex...sounds pretty good. its not raspy(unless u run with test pipe or maybe hi-flow) but it is a bit loud, esp. beyond 3k rpm. driving around town, it dosnt bother me much. on the highway for long trips, it can start to get a lil annoying after a while of driving.

my05civic 04-18-2007 09:18 PM

i have just a magnaflow muffler welded on to stock piping - it sounds great. deep, throaty, and definitely not too loud. sounds very nice and smooth

Phalcon 04-18-2007 10:14 PM

ORIGINAL: my05civic

i have just a magnaflow muffler welded on to stock piping - it sounds great. deep, throaty, and definitely not too loud. sounds very nice and smooth
What muffler did you get, if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking to do the same (I know I'm not gonna get much outta my civic so I figure why bother w/ a catback.)

LarsonSi_0091 04-18-2007 11:05 PM

if your looking to get a cat-back and have some money to spend i know its a little pricey but the Greddy cat-back has a really nice tone i have it on my civic. everyone loves the sound of it. its not loud or raspy at all.

FlipHKD720 04-19-2007 07:22 AM

i added a 22" Magnaflow resonator to my 2.25" custom catback and it quieted it down ALOT, and i got the resonator for like $60. Great prices, andMagnaflow is an awesome brand, i can really vouch for them.

my05civic 04-19-2007 08:36 AM

magnaflow 14857[/b]

07Si 04-19-2007 09:40 AM

I was also wondering about a magnaflow muffler, I am looking for a good sound but not too rice because I hate that sound, in my thread about it people are telling about some mufflers but I want to sound clips, anybody have one.

FlipHKD720 04-19-2007 09:43 AM

if you're gonna get JUST a muffler get a Twin-Loop. I've heard Netami's arent too bad. If youre just gonna get a big fart can on stock piping, dont do it, get a full catback, you wont regret it. I know you have an '07 so aftermarket support might be hard to come by, but you can always go custom catback. Bring them a Magnaflow resonator, a nice muffler (Mangaflow, GReddy, Apexi, Netami, etc.) and maybe a high flow cat if you want (not necesarry, read the "Truth About Catalytic Converters" sticky if you want more info) and tell them to run 2.25" piping from the cat all the way back. Alot of times its chepaer than a pre-made GReddy or Apexi catback and you also get something custom that looks and sounds unique to anyone else.

07Si 04-19-2007 09:52 AM

FlipHKD720, you are really helping me out today, I appreciate all your help, I will do a search but what does a twin loop muffler do over a regular one?