HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   magnaflow exhaust sounds stock (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/magnaflow-exhaust-sounds-stock-64427/)

blackpearl97 04-23-2008 12:30 PM

magnaflow exhaust sounds stock

I took some advice on getting a magnaflow cat back for my 1997 dx and it sounds like a stock exhaust any reason for that maybe lack of power is there any way to get more sound i didnt do the header or cat.

T3rry 04-23-2008 12:53 PM

RE: magnaflow exhaust sounds stock

not sure if the header will help, but a high clow cat would, as well as a SRI/CAI.

4DoorSedanMan 04-23-2008 12:57 PM

4DoorSedanMan

Well, That's Probably The Reason Why It Still Sounds Stock, Because You Have The Factory Cat & Exhaust Manifold. To Get The Full Sound Out Of Any Exhaust System, You Have To Replace Your Factory Catalytic Converter & Exhaust Manifold. What I Would Suggest You Do To Get More Sound From Your Exhaust Is A DC Sports 4-1 One Piece Ceramic Header (Part# HHC5631), And A Magnaflow Direct Fit High Flow Catalytic Converter (Part# 22628). You Will Most Definitely Notice & Increase In Sound As Well As A Good 4-5 Horse Power & 2-3 ft lbs Of Torque...Do You Have The Factory Intake?? If So, Doing An Aftermarket Cold Air Intake Will Make Your Exhaust A Tad Bit Louder Also. An AEM Cold Air Intake System (Part# 21-413C) Will Do The Trick, And Your Car Should Be Running & Sounding Like You Want. Hope This Helps!!

T3rry 04-23-2008 02:13 PM

RE: 4DoorSedanMan

Wow, Capitalising Every Word Makes Stuff Hard To Read.

4DoorSedanMan 04-23-2008 02:39 PM

4DoorSedanMan

lol Sorry. I don't know why, I just like to type like that...

inthezoneac 04-23-2008 05:23 PM

RE: 4DoorSedanMan

So you like to type at 10wpm? lol

I have a secret weapon r short air intake and it sounds so much louder/better when you're accelerating. If you take it easy or are just at idle it won't sound different, but if you punch the gas, doesn't even have to be all the way you'll hear it.

When I get my b16 later I'm going to get a DC 4-2-1 stainless steel header, high flow cat, and either greddy sp2 or magnaflow exhaust.

blackpearl97 04-23-2008 08:52 PM

about that header my cat is on my header and i cant find a dc im not sure how that works with the cat being on the header do i have to buy a header and cat together.

4DoorSedanMan 04-24-2008 11:00 AM

4DoorSedanMan

Well, when you install that header & that cat, it should fit without any problems. Call up some local Tuner shops and ask around about that. They should be able to help you a little better than we can lol. But, when putting a header on a 96-98 DX/LX Civic, it should fit on there as good as it would an EX Civic...

conceptualpolymer 04-26-2008 11:21 AM

Yes, from the inside of the car (windows up) the Magnaflow sound is not super-niticable until you climb a hill. However, I can guarantee you that from the outside, there is a significant difference between stock and the magnas. People can hear me coming from an eighth mile away if the revs are over 2000. Be careful what you wish for, though. A loud exhaust gets very tiring on medium-to-long trips. Electric cutouts are nice in that you get the banchee sound only when you want it.

Live_4it 04-26-2008 04:02 PM

Actually an aftermarket header would probably make it more quieter if anything, contrary to popular belief. Mine did by a lot, I'm guessing the less restrictive flow allows air to pass through the resonator faster, making less noise.