Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Megan Header

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:40 PM
HCF Member
Default Megan Header

Been reading around on this site and came to the conclusion that the megan header for my 02 ex is the best "bang" for my buck. So I'm gonna buy one this friday so could you give me a good "cheap" site (non-ebay) to buy a megan header from? Also i know it improves hp but how much hp does one gain from having a 4-1 megan header? Currently i have an aem v2 intake and full custom exhaust. So with my i/h/e how much horsepower would you think would totally be gain? Just curious on how much a header gives you and also the complete setup for an i/h/e.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Megan Header

Honestly, I would try eBay. The one I want for my car is $152 shipped, I believe it was. And we have the same gen car . Its 4-1 too. Just make sure its Megan Racing, and its from a decent eBay store. Well, i'd say it would give you possibly 6~9 hp? Thats my rough guess. Also it depends on what kind of setup you have for your car. With i/h/e, i'd say you can probably get anywhere from 18~25 hp roughly with i/h/e exhaust setup.

I mean.. I'm slowly doing my setup and its as followed:

- AEM V2
- Megan Racing 4-1 Header
- Random Tech hi-flow cat
- Apexi WS2 Exhaust

I'm not trying to cheap out at all with my setup, thats why i'm trying to go for the 'best' :P. And i'm -hoping- to gain anywhere from 20~25hp from it, though that kinda seems unrealistic for a D17a1, but i'm hoping i'll get something worthwhile for all the money i'm putting forth for the setup. I know its not going to make my car SUPER FAST, but I just want a little something to play with performance before I do suspension upgrades, and wait until I get out of college and make the good money to afford that K20a every 7th gen owner dreams of .

Old 03-24-2008, 11:19 PM
HCF Member

Yeah i know how you feel. I'm saving up for my k20a engine swap but that will be awhile. But in the mean time what something "fun" and proud to own and just enjoy. And what series do you have. Is yours the ex model? And currently my setup looks like this

aem v2 sri
custom 2.5 custom exhaust
magnaflow resonator

and soon megan racing 4-1 header.

And i must say its feels good doing the upgrades and feeling the extra difference in power.
To my own researching it looks like this site http://www.statracing.com/buy/megan-header.asp is the cheapest thus far.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:06 AM
HCF Member

Yeah, haha.. I have a 2001 Civic LX, so I gotta do the EX conversion when I do my full setup. So far, all I have is my AEM v2, going to get my Header sometime before summer, and just buy it here and there and when I have it all, put it together.

It does, I love the feel of modding my car, and making it unique and to my own style. Yeah, that site looks like the cheapest. I would go with them, they seem pretty legit, i'll save that link for when I get mine too lol.. I'm still searching for the cheapest place to get Random tech high flow cat, which the cheapest I think i've seen was about $300 something, and the Apexi WS2 exhaust is $400 flat, with free shipping from this one site i've found it on.

But, I need to money first :P. Currently i'm selling my computer and laptop for $1,400 so I can build my new computer for $1,800.. So I got some money I need to rack up too :P. My next check is going to paying off my V2, so i'll be kinda broke for awhile. But i'm getting this job helping my uncle do concrete work for $10 an hour over the summer, so that should supply me with enough funds.

Also, I can get some videos of my odometer, and me driving..? And possibly revving in my engine bay and stuff, I dunno lol.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Administrator

ok look, i have that megan header, i have that aem v2, and i have a magnaflow catback, welcome to the ihe group of em2's. youll love the megan header. i bought it from a sponsor here on hcf. try them first. as for as horses, i would say with the ihe i could say its about a 10% hp increase. give or take.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:26 AM
HCF Member

yeah sounds good. Looks like you have solid plans or "blueprints" on how to get all your stuff. The hardest part is staying focus on your mods and not seeing a random mod and jumping to that. I realize i should have did all my i/h/e mods before i did any cosmetic mods. But hell it doesn' matter cuz i'm still gonna get it done lol. And yah take some vids of your driving of your odometer before the mods and then after as well as the exhaust and engine bay to see the difference in sound. And personally if i were you to save some extra cash i would go custom on my exhaust piping (cheaper and still as good as the pre-made ones) and just get a apexi w2 muffler or whatever muffler that comes with that if you like that sound. That'll save you atleast $180-200 on your exhaust system.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Administrator

i already have ihe?

Old 03-25-2008, 12:49 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: My04Civic

i already have ihe?
think we posted at the same time. When i wrote my last reply i didn't see yours on there, so was responding to vilex but yea now i can reply to you lol. You said you bought yours from a vendor here, who was the vendor and how much did it cost you to get it? And 10% equals an extra 12.7 horsepower since our car comes stock with 127hp. That kinda sucks with all the money we sucking into our cars. If you add up the mods aem v2 + exhaust + header that adds up to around $659 for just 12 extra horses O well still love the extra mods.