Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

My CAI Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 07:06 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: My CAI Sucks

ORIGINAL: ebengot

Don't believe me? Have some fun and try it! Send us some pics of the experiment while you're at it.
Don't be stupid. I know Althius knows better, but what if some kid that didnt know any better came here, saw that tip, and then toasted his motor? THat'd be REALLY funny wouldnt it?[sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 08-24-2005, 07:38 AM
HCF Member

Well, I do know Althius knows better, and I think he finds the comment humorous because of it. I did say that he should be scared if the bypass-valveless CAI sucks in water, so it's not really a tip as it is a well-meaning warning.
However, if that certain "kid" was absent-minded, ignorant or just plain st-st-stupid enough not to read everything people wrote before running the water torture test thing, then he just asked for it... Either that or he's a Mythbuster.

Disclaimer: We at HCF bear no responsibility for any injury, damage and humiliation as a result of doing projects based solely on any comments posted here. If you don't get inside jokes, verify them.

Old 08-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ugh....i havent said this enough times yet... First of all, The chances of hydrolock from a cai are slim to none, provided you don't completely submerge the tip.

Second of all, its still ignorant to give tips like that unless you make it abundantly clear that you're joking. You've got like 29 posts, so the fact that "you know Althius knows better" is kinda hard for me to believe since you really haven't been here that long.

/thread jack, sorry Althius

Old 08-24-2005, 11:24 AM
HCF Member

my stock exhaust blows 8O

Old 08-24-2005, 01:00 PM
HCF Member

I think if you were really introspecting my post that thoroughly, you see that I've been try to be funny since I mentioned idiot-proofing the fuel gauge. Please don't tell me that "kid" you were mentioning was actually you! If it was, I'm sorry for your loss.
It would defeat the purpose of telling the joke if I have to indicate it with "j/k" or what not; it's either funny to you or not.
I never said that even a little water would cause hydrolock; I just said the only thing he should be scared of wasn't the sucking noise--it's the CAI sucking in water.
Even if I haven't had posted much in this forum, that doesn't mean I haven't been reading stuff from the forum. Althius had been asking really good questions from his first until his recent 80th post, so I believe he'd find the humor in my comment.
I didn't think someone would take that much offense to my CAI joke, nor did I think someone would actually try and overanalyze what I said. Get a grip and be cool.
Althius, I apologize for the mood breaker over here; hope you took my joke and enjoyed it as it is--A JOKE.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:15 PM

Wow, no wonder my 'internet-ears' were burning all night long.

Sorta on/Sorta Off here... but I am surprised there is so much talk about Hydro-Lock... I read quite a bit before my purchase, and I opted for a AEM "Original" without any sort of Valve. I was slighty concerned but I read much, and I came to the conclusion (like Forty said) that the chances were slim.

Then when I put it on, I saw how protected that thing really is... I mean it is in there pretty good, and it would have to be a mighty, mighty puddle to get anywhere close to the fliter.

Anyway, just an observation if this ever comes up in someones search...

Old 08-24-2005, 01:27 PM
HCF Member

the only time ive had personal experience with hydrolock is when my friend drove through a puddle. put simply...it was so deep that when the lightning stopped little kids were swimming in it.