HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   my poor Honda, is it dying? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/my-poor-honda-dying-28035/)

02civcoupe 08-28-2006 08:00 PM

my poor Honda, is it dying?

ok I jsut put the aem sri on it and it has happen 4 times now a HUGE bang sound jus twhen I shift and put my foot on the gas not hard tho liek jus tstarting to touch it its the loudest sounding bang ever almost like a backfire I always swore by honda but this car is really making me mad lol, But rather then tha tsoudn i am happy with it I hav ehad the intake for a week sound happend 3 times yesterday and once last week or so. its not hitting anywhere, the sound comes from the passengers side in the front Please! Help!

Belmont 08-28-2006 08:17 PM

RE: my poor Honda, is it dying?

Check your bolts to make sure something hasnt come loose.

Forty04 08-29-2006 07:41 AM

Have you messed with ANYTHING else under the hood? Timing, plugs/wires, anything like that? Try to think real hard about anything else that may have been touched or altered in any way.

On a side note, my buddy's GTi did this one time. He was racing and revved it way too high not paying attention, and when he lifted to shift, he backfired out his intake and blew the filter right off. Crazy rare, but can obvoiusly happen..

Chimera02EX 08-29-2006 07:48 PM

No way the timing is off, there is no distributor so there aren't "wires" so to speak, a bad spark plug that irradically fires could cause that, so could a bad injector.

02civcoupe 08-29-2006 09:15 PM

well I did put plugs in to be honest I wonder if tha tis it
I better check again to make sure and torque them properly I will check and get back to ya

Forty04 08-30-2006 09:48 AM

ORIGINAL: 02civcoupe

well I did put plugs in to be honest I wonder if tha tis it
I better check again to make sure and torque them properly I will check and get back to ya

Did you gap the plugs?

02civcoupe 09-01-2006 07:28 PM

they were ngk iridium there were plugs you can not gap

pWnEdU 09-01-2006 07:31 PM

Are you sure the intake tube isn't smacking something when the engine torques?

Your engine isn't mounted solidly in place, it has flexible mounts to the whole motor rocks back and forth depending on torque. When the engine torques over, the intake moves, and may be banging into something.

That's what happened to me when I first installed my CAI.

killajay 09-01-2006 11:59 PM

Is it popping it the exhuast? If it is then your running rich.. Because of increased airflow, computer tried to add more gas but can't always do it right.. I have a B18B swapped in my civic and i have a CAI and Test pipe so my eninge flow greats, i have a pop, more like a back fire it the exhuast.. so i believe that might be whats happening..

02civcoupe 09-02-2006 07:59 PM

will that be caused from a friggen intake tho I get the sound when I down shift too. not jus twhen torquing. yeah it sound like a back fire for sure if it ids will it hurt the car and if so how do I stop it?