HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   new headers, rpms idol real low? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/new-headers-rpms-idol-real-low-11025/)

civicexracer 10-03-2005 09:45 PM

new headers, rpms idol real low?

alright i got new headers and holy S*** what a MASSIVE difference. so much more power. but, when im driving and i stop at a light and put it in neutral, it idols reeeeeally low, like the needle rests on the tiny bar as if it were off. im guessing this might be becuase the new headers are so less restrictive but im wondering if this happens to anybody else or if this is something i should be concerned about.

thanks

Chimera02EX 10-03-2005 09:57 PM

RE: new headers, rpms idol real low?

Didn't happen to me. Not sure that should be normal, the idle shouldn't change that dramatically if at all.

gunmetal 10-03-2005 10:18 PM

What kind of header did you get Chimera? What year is your car an 02'? Did you have any problems after installing header? I've got an 02' EX sedan and want to put a header on it.

Chimera02EX 10-04-2005 08:24 AM

DC Sports 4-2-1 2 piece, and yes, if you don't put a hi-flo cat in or an O2 simulator you will throw a CEL saying your after-cat O2 sensor is bad/bad cat.
No problems installing the header besides tryin to get the old one off.

dj_ipirate 10-04-2005 10:51 AM

wtf is an o2 simulator?

Forty04 10-04-2005 11:30 AM

ORIGINAL: dj_ipirate

wtf is an o2 simulator?
It makes the engine think the O2 sensor is working properly, when in actuality its just been rerouted

dj_ipirate 10-04-2005 02:20 PM

is it easy to instal? i freak out when im splicing wires.

rally me 10-04-2005 07:00 PM

+1. what is an 02 simulator? i too am having idle problems after installing a set of aftermarket headers (headman). the car is a 99 LX. i have had multiple responses about me needing one but nobody so far has replied that has actually purchased, used, or installed one.. please help.

civicexracer 10-04-2005 07:14 PM

rally, do u have a catback exhaust? i went under my car cuz the exhaust piping was rattling agenst the heat shield and when i was under there i notice that the part where the 2 pieces of the catback meet was lose and i tighted them back together and i ran the car and the idol problem went away. make sure theres no leaks and everything is nice and tight and that ur gaskets are good aswell. i think also wut might be causing the rpms to be low is because the new headers r so much less resrictive than the old ones but im just guessing, not to positive. hope that helped u out. any questions just let me kno.

rally me 10-04-2005 07:27 PM

hello civicexracer. i don't have a catback system. i have just the Headman header 4-2-1 design. a local muff shop fixed where the exhaust manifold/header and the stock exhaust pipe meet. the problem is that the header has only one 02 sensor input and the stock exhaust manifold has two, actually one was in the header where it cracked and the other was before the stock exhaust , in a cat. do you know of anyone who has purchased, used or installed an 02 sim... thanks in advance.