Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Noobie here, looking to get a nice exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 01:40 PM
HCF Member
Default Noobie here, looking to get a nice exhaust...

I have a '00 Civic EX Coupe. I'd like to upgrade the exhaust.

I am not a big fan at all of the loud, obnoxious exhausts you hear on most modded imports. I prefer the deep, but kind of quiet, sound. Does that make sense? I don't want to spend a lot, $100 is a lot, but with exhausts I guess I won't spend more than $300.

Are there any sound clips or anything that you guys know of to compare? BTW, I don't want the biggest exhaust either. Just nice looking, and a quiet, but deep sound to it.

I'd also like to upgrade the stock intake as well, so both intake and exhaust.

Old 09-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Default RE: Noobie here, looking to get a nice exhaust...

Theres a sticky up top with reviews of intakes and exhaust systems that people have invested in and gave their .02 cents. Take a look at them, the intake section is good.

Old 09-16-2006, 05:04 PM

^ yeah check out the sticky. it could help you alot.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:54 PM
HCF Member

should I go with the evo or world sport then? Which has a nice deep, but not loud sound to it. Or should I say beefy?(an older term I haven't heard much often anymore)

Old 09-16-2006, 11:15 PM
HCF Member

well im not sure about the ws, but i know the evo runs more than 300 even on ebay. As a general rule, the more you spend, the less ricey and high it will be. I'm getting the evo as soon as i get the money (just finished installing headlights and a header is on the way). I've heard nothing but good things about both of those systems though. Check the soundclip of the evo2 under the sixth gen product review. See what you think...

Old 09-17-2006, 10:30 AM
HCF Member

I wouldn't use that as a general rule...BUT there are some good exhaust systems out there that sound good. You don't have to pay a fortune.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:07 AM

u want some advice!...ebay it up!..u would most likey get it cheaper there!!...u might get lucky too!

Old 09-17-2006, 11:12 AM
HCF Member

use ebay but look for name brand dont get any ebay crap look on ebay for the greddy evo2

Old 09-17-2006, 07:35 PM

You basically described the apexi world sport 2... sounds like exactly the exhaust you want, i have it on my car. It isnt ricer loud, even my dad and my neighbours like it, and it looks classy, perfect size...

the only downside is it is kinda expensive, i paid 560$ for mine (shipped to canada, in canadian dollars)...i think it was 470 or something american shipped. But it is worth every penny if you are serious about this and dont wanna look like another tool with a fartcan.

Old 09-17-2006, 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: frelly

You basically described the apexi world sport 2... sounds like exactly the exhaust you want, i have it on my car. It isnt ricer loud, even my dad and my neighbours like it, and it looks classy, perfect size...

the only downside is it is kinda expensive, i paid 560$ for mine (shipped to canada, in canadian dollars)...i think it was 470 or something american shipped. But it is worth every penny if you are serious about this and dont wanna look like another tool with a fartcan.
I second this mans advice. That or the evo II but the WSP2 is even quieter than the evo II in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Noobie here, looking to get a nice exhaust...