Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

okay, removed intakes back to stock

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 10:17 AM
HCF Member
Default okay, removed intakes back to stock

alright, put on a shortram on the car when i got it, pipe was ****en huge, felt like going cold air did, love it. wonderful, sadly though i'm in miami and it's hurricane season. so i removed my cold air intake and put back on my shortram, for a while now, the short ram intake just seems noisy (yes i can hear my intake even with my obnoxious exhaust system) i was assuming since the pipe was so big (and so i'v heard) it's just making a throaty noise and no real gains like the cold air which had a thinner pipe. so...i put back on my stock air box, just the stock tube, and the box with the filter. not all the other crap it comes with, i'm sure most of you know the ridiculous amount of random boxes it has factory. and somehow with this setup the car feels slightly quicker? anyone have anykind of information that could be of use? anything......

Old 05-30-2007, 10:31 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: okay, removed intakes back to stock

Its all in your mind dude. Even with a aftermarket intake that would add lets say 2hp to a stock motor, you wont even feel a difference.So the stock tubing is not going to do anything, even if you dont put back the resonator box.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Its feeling quicker because you think it does.. it's called a placebo. Actually, with a decent filter, a short-ram intake's gains are only slightly lower than a cold-air's. Also, most SRI's are pretty obnoxious. I think CAI's are too, but they're further away from the driver, so you don't hear it as much. Anyway, I say get a good filter on the SRI (AEM or K&N) if you don't already have one, and slap thatthing back on.

Just out of curiosity, how big is your SRI pipe? If it's 3", it's fine for a civic. Actually, I don't think a huge tube would lose you anything... have you seen Power Chamber intakes? They're freakin' ginormous!
http://www.streetrays.com/catalog/im...ek_chamber.jpg

Old 05-30-2007, 12:13 PM
HCF Member

wow, thanks so should i just put back on the short ram now cause i'm in miami hurricane season? plus remove the filter i have it's called. "power adder" i wish i can remove the filter from the cold air, but it's a tad smaller of an inlet for the tube.

and yes the shortram is 3 inches.

so it's not really much of a difference with the stock box? minus resonator box?

Old 05-30-2007, 01:30 PM
HCF Member

holy crap just saw that link 0_0 is that for a freightliner? lol

Old 05-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Stinky Administrator

ORIGINAL: point break 92

holy crap just saw that link 0_0 is that for a freightliner? lol
nope thats for a civic its what we call around here the whale *****

Old 05-30-2007, 03:33 PM
HCF Member

The whale ***** intake is amazing. I have it on my car. It goes from 5" down to 3". Great sound too. I've never seen such a reaction by people when they see it in my engine bay.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LMFAO

well if your good filter wont fit the tube.... then go to your local hardware store like sylivans or something like that that has plumbing... and just buy a adaptor to fitthe filter and tube...

Old 06-01-2007, 09:34 AM
HCF Member

I think I want the whale ***** now, you guys have inspired me greatly for a whales dick. lmao [sm=thanx.gif]

Old 06-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: point break 92

I think I want the whale ***** now, you guys have inspired me greatly for a whales dick. lmao [sm=thanx.gif]
Go for it... Password:JDM has dyno results of an almost stock B16 that gained like 6hp at the wheels and 7 ft/lbs of torquewith just the whale dick intake... I'm getting one when I eventually get a B16 swap.